Sunday, April 05, 2009

Random Book Meme

1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph:

"As lost as a ball in tall weeds!" That is exactly how I felt when my student, Amy used a color-saturation technique to match the roses in her black and white photos to the papers.  Although I had tried and tried to get her to understand, I would just have to realize, that the preaching of the gospel of temperament will not do for the making of disciples; nor will Jesus shield us in the slightest degree from any requirements of discipleship.  Now I realize that Jesus's requirements have nothing to do with scrapbooking, but all behavior makeovers take hard work, constant practice, and parental reinforcement. Even though I'm not Amy's parent, when it comes to teaching others, we must assure them that God will faithfully meet their every need!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I didn't realize how difficult I was making it for myself when I just picked the nearest five books.  Next time I'll choose ones that are at least in the same general field....ROFL!  Here are the actual sentences and the books they are from.

Book #1 - "As lost as a ball in tall weeds!" That is exactly how I felt. (Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey)

Book #2 - Amy used a color-saturation technique to match the roses in her black and white photos to the papers. (Scrapbooks Etc - feb/march 2009)

Book #3 - The preaching of the gospel of temperament will not do for the making of disciples; nor will Jesus shield us in the slightest degree from any requirements of discipleship. (My Utmost Devotional Bible)

Book #4 - All behavior makeovers take hard work, constant practice, and parental reinforcement. (No More Misbehavin' by Michele Borba, Ed.D.)

Book #5 - Assure them that God will faithfully meet their every need! (Don't Make Me Count To Three by Ginger Plowman)

3 comments:

  1. I guess that's a good sign that there were no verses, so your bible must not be in the shelf. :) Interesting post. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...actually there was a bible within reach, too, but I thought that would have made it harder...and I didn't actually get books off the bookshelf, I got them off the coffee table...=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting... :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)