This anti-inflammatory pill for my shoulder is not making my scale very happy. Or me either, for that matter. My MIL wasn’t kidding when she said it’s a pretty common side effect to have increased appetite! I am stuffed to the gills and I’m still hungry. Five pounds in five days. YUCK!
Crockpot Italian Chicken
(not sure where it came from, it was just typed up in my recipe box…lol!)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I just tossed frozen ones in…no prep…woohoo!)
- 1/2 stick melted butter (I used a whole stick…I know…naughty!)
- 1 8oz cream cheese at room temp (I used half…to make up for so much butter, plus I only us ed 3 pieces of chicken instead of four)
- 1 10.5oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
- Pasta of choice and garlic bread for the side
Put chicken in bottom of crock. Pour melted butter over, then sprinkle dressing packet over chicken. Cook 4 hr on high or up to 9 hr on low. 30 minutes before finishing, remove chicken and place on plate. Mix softened cream cheese and soup into juice in crock until creamy. Put chicken back in crock and finish cooking. Serve over pasta (rice would probably work, too).
Verdict…AWESOME! It almost tasted like an alfredo sauce but not quite. Chicken was SOO moist and tender. Everybody except K-man loved it…and he’s just weird about what he likes and don’t like, so I didn’t think anything about it. LOL. I totally recommend it…I’m doing it again soon…it was so easy!
In the picture is the leftover portion…I should have taken a picture when it was on my plate…it would have been much more presentable…oh well. It still tasted great…lol!