Monday, January 19, 2009

Garlic Lime Chicken

Man alive...this stuff ROCKS!!!  WOW. IMG_2850

So I was asked where the recipe was for this one, but since it was one that was given to me by my friend, Susan, I wasn't able to link it in my menu, and I didn't have time to type it out when I was making the menu, so here we go.

Garlic Lime Chicken

  • 1 tsp each: salt, pepper, garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp each: paprika, cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp each: onion powder, thyme
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 tbsp each: olive oil, butter
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 4 tbsp lime juice

In a bowl, mix together spices.  Evenly sprinkle mixture on both sides of chicken breasts. In a skillet, heat butter and olive oil over med/high heat.  Saute chicken until golden brown on each side.  Remove chicken, add lime juice and broth to pan.  Cook until sauce has reduced slightly, add chicken back, to thoroughly coat, and serve.  (for spicy chicken, use 3x the amount of each spice listed) 

My variations were: I used onion flakes because I had no onion powder, and I also had no thyme, so I substituted oregano (I think).  Mine turned out the spicier version since I made the full recipe of all the ingredients except the chicken.  I also only used 3 chicken breasts and they were frozen, but I think next time I make this, I might make sure they are thawed and possibly even partially cooked b/c I ended up sticking them in the oven for a few minutes in the middle of the process because they weren't cooked all the way through.  So the turnout was probably browner than it should have been because I was trying to get the chicken to cook all the way through.  LOL.  Oh well.  The taste was HEAVENLY...KC said it was awesome so this one is another one to keep in the recipe box for future menus.  This one is highly recommended!  Thanks, Susan!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I think we'll enjoy this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SOOOOO glad you finally tried it!!!!!!!
    Isn't it fantastic????!!!
    I knew you would like it!!
    Glad KC liked it too!!!
    I'll send you some more recipes!!!! (now I'm off to make some Garlic Lime Chicken!!!)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I saw this in time!.. We are having company tomorrow and they are on some weird diet and can only have chicken and veggies.. I was wonder what in the world to fix for dinner.. So I'm going to try this recipe for them!! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)