Thursday, February 04, 2010

A Casserole KC Will Eat =)

Aha.  I found one!  My two picky eaters loved it.  Actually, we ALL did.  Nice to IMG_5675ewebhave another variation for taco night because we LOVE taco night around here.  And hey…I’m nice, I’ll share.  =) 

No idea where this came from except that I wrote it down on a post-it note, so I’m sure it came from the internet somewhere. 

Taco Casserole (yeah, I know…catchy!  HAH)

1 lb ground beef (or turkey, but I used beef)
1 package taco seasoning (and I added a couple shakes of cayenne)
onion (optional…I skipped)
1 cup (or more…I used more) grated cheese
1 can refried beans
1 or 2 packages of cornbread mix (I used one and it was corn MUFFIN mix…don’t know if there’s a difference or not)
various toppings

Preheat oven to 425.  Brown meat (and onion if you’re using it), drain, and add taco seasoning.  IMG_5678ewebSpray 9x13 dish with non-stick cooking spray, spread beans in bottom of dish.  Spread meat mix over beans, then cheese.  Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions and spread over top.  Bake 20 minutes until cornbread is done.

Serve with shredded lettuce, diced tomatos, sour cream, salsa, ranch, etc. 

KC isn’t a fan of cornbread, but he liked it!  =)  And I loved it. =)  I think it serves around 6 or 7 but we all had seconds, so maybe 5 is more accurate. LOL.

4 comments:

  1. sounds good!!! might have to try it with my two picky eaters. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made a mexican casserole this week also. It calls for tortilla shells and green chiles. And of course I used chicken with mine. Mike rated it 4-1/2 out of 5 so I'll definitely be making this one again. Even the kids liked it. I was concerned it would be too spicy but they didn't mind it at all.

    Maybe I can bake it and bring it over one night. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a picky eater too. I have bookmarked this and am going to give it a try! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'll probably have to try this one out too!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)