Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Life Is...

Busy.  Wonderful.  Frustrating.  Happy.  Hard.  Sweet.  Stressful.  Good.....

But most definitely crazy.  At least these days.  Someday I will get it all caught up.  I will not be constantly behind....

That day has not yet arrived. 

I really just need to make this post quick because it's late and I've got another busy day tomorrow.  PHOOEY.

I just this second remembered that I forgot to call (AGAIN) today to renew my overdue library stuff.  Rats rats rats. 

Anyways.  Today was busy.  I'm not real surprised that I forgot.  Again.

Have I said yet that it's been busy lately?  LOL.

Hang on a sec while I go grab my camera(s) and do a little uploading.  *grin*

IMG_3551ewebKay.  The kids in their Easter outfits are posted on the private photo blog.  Email me if you need access.  Here's one that doesn't really show the K-man's face...hehehe...they were adorable.  Lasted all of 15 minutes.  Good thing I took pictures as soon as I got them dressed is all I can say!  hahaha!  Didn't think to get pics of the hubby and I with them...oh well.  We weren't all matchy matchy anyways, so I guess it's no big deal.

Quick rundown of the day:

Went to Big BIG city down the road a ways....found a cheap filing cabinet on craigslist, so made my tutor-ee come early and ride with me since I didn't want to go alone.  We did math in the car.  Munchkin went along, too.  (Spring break for preschool)  I was glad to not be alone when we found the house where the filing cabinet was...let me just put it this way: The house we went to was clean and decent looking but it was the neighborhood exception.  Not to mention the "folks" hanging out in the 'hood....were....um....well, I was just glad it wasn't dark. 

Anyway, we left there asap and went looking for the goodwill in Big City but couldn't find it.  So we settled.  For Giant-ormica mall....woohooo!  Walked in and three hours later came out.  Retail therapy, you see.  For our near brush with death....HA.  KIDDING, M's mom.  And my mom.  And KC's mom.  And any other mom.  I exaggerate.  (Well, sometimes I do.  This may or may not be one of those times.) 

Movin' on.  We finished M's math on the way home....while Munchkin napped.  She was a trooper and on perfect behavior today....(thank you, Lord)...I mean, MUNCHKIN was on perfect behavior... (LOL, M....I'm kidding...you were well behaved, too! LOL)

Got home and did some cleaning and got my stuff together and picked up pizza and met KC and a guy from our church and his wife and kids up at a different/local church in town to get a crash course in indoor flash photography for the wedding I'm supposed to photograph this weekend.  Our kids and his kids played together (and his wife supervised the kids cuz she didn't want to get stuck being the guinea pig...LOL) and KC got roped into being stood patiently as the test subject.  Ha.  I think I have a little more of a clue now...hopefully I'll ace the wedding...can't say I'm not still nervous, but at least I feel a little more confident about it.  A little.  LOL.  You know how when you get around a pro, it makes you all that much more aware of your amateur skills?  Yeah...well, that's me, the amatuer, nervous about being the photographer at a wedding in which people much more qualified to do it will be in attendance.  YIKES.  Anyways. 

All I can say is I'm glad for the practice because....well....you can look at the pictures....these are all straight out of camera...

IMG_7010IMG_7007
I think I took these.

 IMG_7013IMG_7009
I think S took these.  I KNOW he took the second one, because that's when he switched to Manual (and proved his Pro capabilities by immediately making a few adjustments and getting a near perfect shot).

IMG_7017IMG_7014 
Then he experimented with the settings to get the lighting adjusted so that the florescent lighting wouldn't be an issue....and the flash....and told me how to do it and what settings to use (please God, take my faulty memory away for a few days and make all those settings stick in my head for at least a week?  PLEASE?)

IMG_7035
And then I took this one to experiment with faces on different....oh what's it called?  (God? Faulty memory problem?  HELP!)....anyways, like faces that are different distances from the camera....whatever that term is. 

  IMG_7038
These aren't all of the pictures (there were like around 40), but these pretty much show the progression of the experimenting...(LOL...I wonder if my hubby was facebookin' on his phone here.  I'll have to go check his page tomorrow to see if he was griping about getting the test subject job.  LOL!!!  Or maybe he was checkin his stocks...hahaha!)  Anyways, at this point, we were trying out the secondary off camera flash....again, the terminology slips me.

So, um...ya'll pray for Munchkin this week, kay?  Cause she's out of school all week (except tomorrow....I have a filling...one stinkin ol cavity...and I don't want her to be scarred for life, so I'm sending her to daycare tomorrow).  I digress.  Where was I?  Oh, she's out of school most of the week and by the time I get a few more on-my-own practices in, she may be seeing white spots for an indefinite amount of time.  LOL. 

For anyone who may still be reading, I'll leave you with this chorus....

Life is great and getting better
Each day His grace shines through the stormy weather
Got my family and friends and when you put it all together
Life is great....and getting better!

5 comments:

  1. Wow...at least your catching "uP" on your blogging. :o) Loved the pictures of your kids. And it looks like you learned a lot from that photo session. Was that free or did you have to pay to go? Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LUV the pic of the kids in their easter outfits!! They're soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can SO relate to the "life is busy lately" montra. Just when I think I'm catching up, suddenly, it seems I am a week behind again.

    How does that happen!??

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sis. faith.. could I please be able to get into your pictures. Thanks. mickitigner@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. PLEEEZE come teach me how to take pictures. I'm begging here.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)