Saturday, May 30, 2009

Photo Scavenger Hunt – May 09

Before I get going, first, here’s where this scavenger hunt came from and you can go there to find the other participants. (And if you want to vote, here’s the link for that!)

And now for the list of things we were supposed to find:

1) a souvenir
1 - Souvenir 
 
Rock candy from…oh…YOU GUESSED IT!  Wow…you’re good! (LOL)

2) a fish
2 - Fish
 
Chimes…FISH chimes.  (at my uncle’s house in NY)

3) a religious building
3 - Religous Building3 - Religious Buildingsign 
 
A Divinity School.  Although it looked more like a medieval castle than a seminary!

4) a fire department
4 - Fire Dept24 - Fire Dept1 
 
The Firehouse Inn.  It is an OLD fire station converted to a bed and breakfast.  And
  it has much more architectural interest than the modern fire stations. 

5) a manhole cover
5 - Manhole cover
 
I was about to give up…there are just not many TRUE manholes around these here
  parts, much less one that would have any kind of photographic interest…but then I
  found it.  And I only felt slightly weird about pulling my car off the road and walking
  down the street with my camera and taking a picture of a manhole cover and then 
  walking back to my car.

6) a postcard
6 - Postcard
 
Grandma’s collection of postcards and souvenirs.  I guess I could have used this
  for the first object, too!  LOL. 

7) water
7 - Water
 
A little (big) river going off of Lake Ontario.  And a duck on the bank as a
  bonus…*GRIN*

8) a communication device  
8 - Communication Device
  My new phone…Samsung Alias 2 (it rocks!)

9) a Life event
9 - Life Event
 
My cousin’s birthday…14 years.  Wow.

10) a foreign stamp
10 - Foreign Stamp
 
This is what happens when you google foreign stamps…LOL!  (Thanks for the idea,
  Nicole!)

11) a tree
11 - A Tree
 
A giant tree…down the road from my house…in front of a graveyard (but you figured that
  out already, right?)

12) the living space of a non-human
12 - Living Space Nonhuman
 
Bird’s nest in the corner.  I’d get a closer shot, but it’s only about 2 stories off the
  ground.

13) a street mirror 
13 - StreetMirror113 - StreetMirror213 - StreetMirror3 
 
Another oddity around here…street mirrors are hard to find.  UNLESS you’re at
  Dollywood…and then you will have plenty of choices.  My favorite was the one on the
  corner of the flying elephant ride…I like to call it “reflections of the flying elephants.”

14) a decoration fixed on a house
14 - House Decoration
 
I’m not really sure why, but around here, flags are about the only decoration you can
  find that are attached to people’s houses.  This one is on my neighbor’s house. 

15) a foreign flag
15 - Foreign Flag
 
These are really OLD foreign flags.  Remember this post where I talked about
  grandma’s ancient dictionary?  I don’t know if you can see it in the small picture 
  here (you might have to click on it to make it bigger), but check out Germany’s
  flag (4 down and 4 over)!!!

16) a fire
16 - Fire
  Actually several of them…LOL.  This was the centerpiece on the gift table at the wedding 
  I photographed today.

17) an antenna
17 - Antenna 
 
These gi-ant-ennas are on top of the radio station where I used to work.

18) a phone booth
18 - Phone Booth
  Somewhere between NY and Pennsylvania…I’m not sure where we were when we stopped
  for gas coming home…

19) a “verboten” sign
19 - Verboten Sign
 
Who, ME?  Never!

20) a beach
20 - Beach20 - Beach2 
 
Lake Ontario in NY…not the sandy sunny beaches of NC, but still a beach.  And there
  were so many dead fish washed up on this beach…it was quite disgusting!

21) a cityscape
21 - Cityscape
 
This is about as close to a “CITY” scape as one can get when you live around these 
 
parts…I’d call it more of a townscape.

22) something goofy
22 - goofy
 
Well, these are my lunch buds…and I’d say any of us would qualify for goofy.  *GRIN* 
  And Martha is a twin, and she said if I posted this, to tell ya’ll that this was MARY and
  Susan.  I’ll have to send her the link to this to let her know that I passed her message
  on…LOL.  If you guys don’t hear from me again, she might have killed me for posting
  this…haha!  Seriously though, going to lunch with these girls is always loads of laughs.

23) something carved
23 - Carved2

Well this isn’t wooden, which is what originally came to mind when I was looking for something carved, but it was getting down to the last minute and I’d have to say it fits…

These are both carved…fruit.  And they were delish!


23 - Carved 

24) an eye
24 - Eye
  A very tired eye

25) something rural
25 - Rural 
  Some barns…Somewhere in TN

And that’s it…I’m going to post tonight in case I don’t get a chance tomorrow.  Thanks for dropping by…

16 comments:

  1. Neat post and pics. Have a lovely sleep tonight and a great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done. i like the river n duck pic the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous collection!

    Mh, how about you google "foreign stamps" and take a snapshot of the screen?

    I need you to have the hunt complete to put you in the voting booth :/
    Or paint one, real quick and snap it?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots! I liked the river, and the rural scene, and I liked the street mirrors a lot! I did what Nicole suggested, googled foreign stamp then snapped a shot off the monitor....it wasn't the greatest shot, but I was able to at least fill in that blank! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! Absolutely LOVE it! Your carved object is YUMMY! The fire is beauuuuuutiful! And those are the nicest street mirror reflections! Mine was so boring! Even your manhole cover had a little flair to it! And I think we ALL had that weird moment in photographing them! LOL! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey... is that "townscape" from Mt. Airy? Sort of looks like it.

    Actually, we're not exactly from the same area, but not terribly far apart either. I'm in Raleigh, so there's probably no more than 6 hours between us. Less if you're in the northwestern part of the state. Which -- if that's Mt. Airy -- I'd guess you are.

    The foreign stamp collection was brilliant! That one and the postcard were the last two I had to get and I was beginning to wonder if I'd get them. Then I found the postcard my brother sent from Toronto and got the proverbial two birds with one shot. Well, actually two shots but one ... you know what I mean.

    And I LOVE the mirror-through-the-window shot in the top right of that group. I know, I know, wasn't your favorite... but hey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos, Faith. Great composition on every one - even the manhole cover is a good photo! Favourites are tree, street mirrors and carved fruit.
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the carved fruits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my street mirror came from a theme park too!!!! i love your manhole!!!! mine's so...blah.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice shots! I like the manhole cover..how pretty for what that is for!

    Your phone looks so cool...I'll have to check that one out!

    BG

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like the street mirror...look very great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great idea for the something carved.... great shots! Love the street mirrors :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos! I like too many to list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your manhole cover too. The best i could do was mine in the rain.

    Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful shots! I loved the mirror photo. Very unique and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your city scape is a classic beautifyl, very, very good pic !!!!! Super shot !
    Also liked manhole cover, water, life eventpic! Thank you so much for your comment in my blog !

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)