Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Few Pics…

I’m doing really bad…I didn’t even get the camera out at ALL yesterday.  LOL.  I’ve still got four days though, so I figure I still have a little time. 

Anyways, we’ve been hanging out here at Grandma’s for the most part.  Had a good mother’s day.  My uncle and his family were over for dinner tonight and my cousin, so we had a full house.  Mom and I cooked frozen ravioli, broccoli, salad, and garlic toast.  It was yummy. 

The pictures really aren’t of anything in particular from today, just random ones that I’ve taken since we left NC on Friday.  So here we go:

During our travels:

IMG_7613web 
there were lots of these scenes…and I enjoyed the first thousand or so…then I was ready to just get here already…LOL!

IMG_7621web 
K-man cracked me up with his Thomas sticker scene….don’t ya just love how he put all his people stickers hanging from the crane???

IMG_7633web 
a miniature statue of liberty in a miniature body of water that we passed

IMG_7646web
red barn

IMG_7668web 
grandma in her living room…..check out that biggest picture on the mantle…that would be me, the tall head in the back of that pic….happy am I that you can’t really seeeeee what I looked like…LOL!

IMG_7670web IMG_7675web
we’ve been playing quite a bit of scrabble….using this dictionary.  I feel like we’re playing under a handicap….in 1937 there was a lot of words they hadn’t invented yet!!!!!  Like internet.  *GRIN*

And because I think this is just hilarious, let me show you grandma’s mirror.  I think it should go in a fun house.  Check out my eyes….BWAHAHA….

IMG_7685web

I love quirky things.  Like using a dictionary from the dark ages.  And trying to take a picture that shows how funny I look in a warped mirror.  I’m all about quirks….I should be…I am made up almost entirely of them. 

Anywho.  Four more days.  I feel like I’m caught between worlds.  It’s fun up here, but home is where I belong and I miss it.  The kids feel the same way.  They haven’t told me in words, but their behavior SCREAMS it.  *grin* 

Speaking of, K-man got a stint in timeout tonight.  As he was sitting there, he started whimpering, “I want my daddddddddyyyyyy.  I want my daaaaaaaddddy.”  Yeah, no kidding, kid. 

And the Munchkin is taking the cake with funny-ness this week.  Nonna was drawing with her and they were drawing pictures, and Nonna drew a picture of a girl head and told Munchkin that it was her (Munchkin) and Munchkin (again, dead serious and with discust) says, “I don’t wanna look like THAT!  She’s kinda UGLY.”  Mom and I cracked up.  Then mom draws another girl head and says that’s your mommy and Munchkin says, “She looks kinda scary, too!”  LOL.  Mom made me promise not to take pictures of her drawing efforts, so unless I can talk her into letting me share it, you’ll just have to use your imagination.  I will tell you that the picture of me was a dead giveaway….by the NOSE.  Haha…honkin’ daddy, that nose!  LOL!

Well, it’s late.  Almost midnight and Munchkin’s been waking me up at the crack of dawn (5:30 the other morning and 6 this morning…SHEESH).  I am making her lay still and quiet until I’m ready to get up, and I think it worked this morning…I think she went back to sleep for a little while, but then I was awake.  *sigh*

ANYWAYS.  Goodnight!!

1 comment:

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)