Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yes, Well.

A random smattering of thoughts.

On my lack of blogging:

I think I’m stuck in a vicious cycle.  Just gotta figure out how to break it.  See here’s my cycle. 

My blog is for my benefit…it’s a place to write out my thoughts, and things that happen so I won’t forget, and keep my momma updated so she don’t worry (or maybe it ADDs a little worry…lol…sorry mom).  ANYWHO….so I write my thoughts and little details about my life and even though I am generally a person who at least attempts to not to tick people off or otherwise offend, sometimes my thoughts…um…DO.  So when I write things like that, I get comments either in person or on the posts and I realize…uh…yeah, there are like 5 or 10 people reading this.  And oh yeah, I better not say that b/c if THAT person reads it, they’ll get offended.  And I can’t say THIS either b/c this other person would take it the wrong way.  Then I start writing all “politically correct” and to the 5 (or 10) people who read and then there are no comments from the people to whom I am writing.  So then I wonder why I’m getting no comments and THEN I remember why I blog in the first place and so I go back to my original intent (although it generally takes a small moment in time of non-posting)…and suddenly, I’m posting non-PC thoughts again….and….

Well…you see where this is going, don’t you?  OH.  WAIT.  I’M NOT TALKING TO YOU. This blog is for ME.  LOL. 

Okay…so I’ll be honest.  I’m still writing with some of you in mind.  But I’ll try to not think about that when I’m posting.  I am so non-confrontational, this will be difficult for me.  Believe it or not, I really hate to make anyone upset…and I’m not sure why some people get so upset with me sometimes, but I will say this…it does aggravate me when people have a problem with what I say and so they talk to someone else about it.  HELLO.  Oh well.  Whatever floats ya boat. 


On other vehicles:

I took the car to get it fixed last Friday.  I don’t even know that I mentioned it on here, but while we were in NY two weeks ago, my trusty Pilot, which is running past 150K now, decided to go on strike.  Not a thing wrong with the engine, just the ignition switch.  Locked up and wouldn’t turn about every other time (and occasionally wouldn’t even accept the key) about two days after we got to NY.  Let me tell ya…nothing like being 14 hours away from home and your ONLY vehicle decide to play dead.  Well, not totally dead.  If you fiddled with the key, took it out, wiped the key grooves, and flipped it over and re-inserted it about 19 times WHILE crossing your toes, wiggling the steering wheel, and holding your tongue in the upright position, it would finally crank.

The good thing was, we were on vacation, so we were never running late…the bad thing was, we probably wasted about 4 perfectly good hours of vacation trying to sweet-talk the key into working/waiting in the dealership for them to tell us why we were having problems. 

ANYWHO.  NY dealership said $500.  We said, thanks, but we’ll take the new key (and leave you $75 bucks for it) and pray our way home.  So we did. 

I must insert here that when I called KC to tell him we were having problems, he said, “Oh, it’s done that before, just make sure you park straight.”  I said, “Huh. I don’t think so, bub…this is totally not what it’s done before.”  Then we made it home and the next day KC tried to crank it.  I don’t think he ever said, “YOU’RE RIGHT, HONEY.”  But I will say that I definitely heard “Um…you need to get this fixed THIS WEEK.” 

Well anyway.  I took it to the dealership down here.  I pulled in and told them, “Look, I don’t want you to do ANYTHING.  I just want you to look at it, tell me what’s wrong, and give me a quote.”  So they did.  And since it was around $150 cheaper AND they gave me a courtesy Pilot to drive until I got mine back and told me I could have my car back the next day, I said…hey…go for it.  Sounds good to me. 

I did refuse the 2009 Pilot though as the courtesy car.  Instead I drove the 2004 Pilot.  I know my limits.  I have done exceedingly well at NOT getting a new vehicle itch in almost 3 years…that’s a total record.  And as I explained to my hubby when he wanted to know why in the world didn’t I drive the 2009 LOADED WITH BELLS AND WHISTLES AND LEATHER AND XM RADIO AND EVERYTHING ELSE Pilot -- “Are you kidding?  I wouldn’t have returned to pick up our old ride…and if I had, I would have wanted to turn around and trade it in….”

He should have been happy with me.  But no, see, he’s got New Truck Fever and he wants someone (aka ME) to also have vehicle fever so he won’t feel so bad about wanting another vehicle.  LOL!  (LOVE YA BABE)

Well.  Anyway.  Our 150K and counting Pilot will now crank on command.  (Well, on command with the key inserted…haha)  Sure beats the wondering if this was the time you were gonna have to call a tow truck.  And so far I’ve managed to evade the dreaded Fever.

And TODAY:

Another rainy day.  I got bit by the sleepies this morning after I got the kids off to school and was sitting on the couch waiting for my math tutoree to get here…so I thought…well, I’ll just close my eyes for a SECOND. 

TWO HOURS later.  I was panicking.  The whole two hours I had crazy crazy dreams.  In every dream I was trying to wake up and I could not make my eyes open.  And although I never opened my eyes, every time I reached the point where I was trying, I would fall back into deep sleep into another crazy dream.  I had no rest.  *sigh*  In one dream I was laying on the floor and a crowd of people were standing over me and I could hear them talking and trying to figure out what was wrong with me, but I couldn’t make myself speak or open my eyes.  Weird.  Then I dreamed my tutoree was at the door and I couldn’t make my eyes open or get up to get the door so she left and I missed her.  (That was the one I woke up in a panic about…LOL…I had to call to make sure I didn’t actually miss her).  CRAZY dreams.  YUCK.  So I woke up and still didn’t feel rested.  *sigh*

Today’s devotional over at P31 Ministries really struck a chord though…it was about doing the next thing.  When you feel overwhelmed or down, or whatever.  Just get up and do the next thing you need to do.  Simple thought, really, but profound.  On my days when I feel like I’ve done well in spite of everything, I look back and realize that it was because I did JUST that.  The next thing. 

Speaking of the next thing.  My next thing is to hit publish and go to bed.  I’m going to do that now.

7 comments:

  1. I think I'm well over due for New Truck Fever(more like pre-owened truck fever)...If I recall who has had fever for our last two vehicles? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yes..."pre-owned" truck fever...LOL. And I KNOW, honey, how do you think I learned my limits and what to stay away from to avoid getting bit again?! HAH. And yeah, it's okay if you got the fever...i forgive ya...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH.... my mind is at rest. You appear to be okay again, and I can read a blog. Oh, and if I have a different opinion, I'll keep it to myself... I probably won't remember when I see you to share anyway...LOL Love you

    Oh,... see if 2 aspirin help the "fever" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that "next thing" devotion too. Actually all the devoctions these past few weeks have struck cords with me. Every single one seemed to be just what I needed for that particular day. What came to my mind with the "next thing" was that in my grief I sometimes can't seem to see past that to the "next thing". So I've been trying to work on that this week to get things done. It's amazing how God knows exactly what we stand in need of each and every day.

    Nice LONG post by the way! :o) Your mother's mind is at rest and KC has pre-owned Truck fever! Glad everything is picking up in your mind. :O) Now, if my mind could just pick it's self up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny that our car is paid off and I look at the car and think, 'I need a new one because this one is old!!" But I will have to suffer...glad that you got home safely and that you saved some money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is why my blog is private. I'm not very good at keeping my opinion to myself *grin* And pat yourself on the back for resisting temptation in the form of a 2009 Pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go back and forth on how much to share on my blog too. I don't think I have even 8 readers, but I still don't want to offend anyone or divulge too much info. I find the posts where I lash out end up private. It does help.

    I'm nursing our van along too. The last time the dumb thing wouldn't start - thank God it just needed a new battery. It's paid off and I'm not ready to have payments again.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)