Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Am So ANTI-Cavities!!!

Yeah....a week or two back, I had that cleaning of the ol' chompers.  Same time as KC, actually.  Nothing like getting your gums poked while hearing your hubby's contagious laughter from the chair in the next room.  LOL. 

ANYWAYS.  The dentist checked mine first and while thankfully he didn't find 11 or 9 like he did in two consecutive visits a few years ago, he did find one.  ICK.  I tried to convince him that KC should have a few cavities, too, but as USUAL, KC had none.  ZERO.  I am having tooth envy. 

Well, today was filling day.  So I entertained myself with my camera/phone. 

041409_10051
I HATE DRILLS.  The worst part about getting fillings is that whine...it rates right up there with fingernails on a chalkboard. 

041409_10061
Then there's me looking at the drill.  And accessories.  And thinking about the needle full of numbing that is getting ready to pinch the fire out of my gum. 

041409_10071
And then there's me modeling the beautiful blue paper napkin.  It makes me look kinda green (or maybe that's the tooth envy over KC's cavity-less teeth...LOL).  Hey check out the hair...don't it look like it's not falling out?  It's the cut.  Looks are deceiving. =)

041409_10081
And then there's the long, long way down the chair to my feet.  This was my view until I had to lay back and then I got to count ceiling tiles.  And look into a really bright light.  And the dentist hiding the giant needle behind his back until he could bring it around outside of my line of vision and secretly zap me with it.  Teehehe.  He's a nice guy...but I like him better when it's cleaning day and he doesn't find any cavities.

But one thing in his favor, he talks the whole time he's doing the filling.  You know like..."We're gonna sand now."  "Just a little more."  "A little pinch and it'll be out." "Now we'll put the filling in." or "Let's get the light on that and dry it."  But my favorite part today was when he said..."It's just a little one, won't take much to drill it out."  And boy was he right.  Less than 15 seconds of drill time.  That is MY KIND OF CAVITY, ya'll!  I was out in 30 minutes.  Course, my entire face was frozen for about 6 hours, but hey.  At least they weren't drillin' for 6 hours!!!! 

If I have to have a cavity, I'd say today's was the kind I prefer to have...quick and painless.  LOL!  There was one (I think it was during the time I had 11 in one visit) that they had to numb 3 times because they kept hitting a nerve or something....that was painful....but we won't go there.  Some things I'd rather forget! 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you appt. went by fast. Your hair looks fine to me. ( I thought you said it looked bad) :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG when i read the word DENTIST i got chills. Love mine, but hate the experience!! I hate the Suction noise the most uggghghgh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)