Friday, January 02, 2009

Still Sad

Wow, I really can't believe how much I miss that cat.  Poor kitty.  He was just always there.  And now he's not.  And it was so terrible how he got to be "NOT" that it just makes me sad every time I think about it.

It made the Munchkin sad every time she thought about it, too.  I tried to give her the easy, non-detailed answer, but Ms Twenty Questions pulled at it until she got enough to piece it together.  And she insisted that he was going to come back to life like Beast on Beauty and the Beast, RIGHT MOMMY?  Uh. NO.  That's a MOVIE.  NOT REAL. 

When I finally got it through to her that he was gone for good, she seemed to be fine and I was like..."whew" but then.  Oh.  Dear.  She is sitting there playing with her stuff.  And it happened.  BREAK DOWN...of monumental proportions...and it was pitiful...so I cried, too.  But then after that, she was just pulling on the drama and you could tell with each new episode that it was getting more fake each time.  LOL. 

So I guess she's over it....just her mommy and daddy that are having issues with his death.

It was funny though.  I had Munchkin and we had gone out to run a couple of errands and I'm at a stop sign waiting to pull out when I see this guy coming down the sidewalk.  He looked like he had everything he owned with him and was not just a little scruffy, so just in case, I lock the doors.  Munchkin instantly picked up on it. 

"Why'd you lock the doors?" 

"Just in case, honey. There's a man walking down the sidewalk and we don't want him to get in the car with us."  (Nothing like getting that paranoid streak started early! LOL)

"Hey, why is he walking on the sidewalk, mom?  So he won't get mushed like Pitiful?  Cuz he'd get mushed if he walked in the road, right, mom?"

"Uh....something like that."

4 comments:

  1. Poor mommy...I know all about episodes of "fake" drama. You'll learn that most of the time they will copy the way you react to things. It's kinds funny, really. ALWAYS good to be on the safe side than sorry when you're without your husband, and don't ever care what anyone thinks about it either. You're doing wonderful for being a "new" parent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Shelley. She is really missing the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is too funny!!! She won't forget Pitiful for awhile. I need to blog about Aydan and the dog becaus he hasn't forgotten about the dog nor the cat that was at your house the other night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hey, why is he walking on the sidewalk, mom? So he won't get mushed like Pitiful? Cuz he'd get mushed if he walked in the road, right, mom?"

    That cracked me up! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)