Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Not Good, Just Bye

   IMG_2413eweb

IMG_2393ewebSo very sad.  KC found him in the road this morning as he was leaving for work.  He turned around and came back to tell me and then got him out of the road so the kids wouldn't see him.  I cried.  He was only here for a few months, but he was so sweet and I already miss him.

I miss him greeting me when I go outside.  I miss watching him chasing leaves in the grass and sunning himself in front of the garage.  I miss picking him up and petting him because he was so very cuddly and lovable.

Now I have to go clean his little bowls and his bed off the porch.  I am dreading it because Munchkin is home this week, and I'm sure there will be drama about him being gone. 

I don't know what happened, because in the whole time he's been here, I have never seen him around the road, so I don't know if he was chasing something or what, but I guess he must have used the last of his nine lives sometime early this morning.

Man, I miss that cat.  As irritating as he sometimes could be when he'd knock my flowers off the porch and get muddy footprints everywhere, I still miss him.  I didn't realize I was this attached.  And I'm glad I picked him up and hugged on him and gave him extra petting and loving last night. 

Bye, Pitiful.  You are already missed.

 

(Heartland & Sharpen THIS Photoshop Actions used on the photos in this post are courtesy of Pioneer Woman Photography)

5 comments:

  1. Awe, I'm sorry about your kitty cat. Hope things go smoothly when you tell your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about "Pitiful". I've lost pets like that when I was younger, and it hurts. You could entertain the idea of getting a different kitten as there are lots of free kitties advertized everywhere, so it would soften the blow of losing a family pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just met the poor cat the other night for the first time!!! That is so sad!! How did you explain to the kids??? I am glad that I didn't have to go and move him from the road!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:39 AM

    We had a Kittie get tha' Car Poisonin' once....even Wally cried. We have some REALLY nice new Kitties if ya' want one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Faith. I just came to catch up and found this. Poor Pitiful. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)