Thursday, June 14, 2007

You Might Be A Nut....

If you are coming out of a store with a bag in one hand and kiddo following behind and realize that it has come a sudden torrential downpour in the last five minutes and you are going to have to cross a raging river once you step onto the street in order to cross to your vehicle and so you remove your new flip flops so they won't get wet and dirty (causing the kiddo to mimic exactly what you're doing) and put both pairs of shoes in the plastic bag and then proceed to wade through the river holding the kiddo's hand and walk barefoot to the car, getting drenched in the process (but the shoes in the plastic bag stayed dry).

If you proceed to drive without putting said shoes back on b/c they are not in easy reach.

If you stop to pick up a pizza and instead of taking the time to dig out the shoes and put them on, just go on in without shoes and pick up the pizza. While juggling the also barefoot kiddo on one hip, the pizza and breadsticks in the other. Then going back out and unlocking the door, setting the pizza in front and the kid in back, getting more drenched in that process, but not spilling anything or dropping either the food OR the kid OR the keys OR my wallet. (which if you ask me, is talented coordination, not nutty, but you know)

If you actually seriously contemplated finding a puddle to stand in barefoot in the rain next to munchkin and taking a picture of it in order to illustrate this blog entry. (Unfortunately for you, common sense got the better of me and I didn't feel like coming up with some kind of genious way to do that without getting the camera wet....LOL).

Anywhoo. That was yesterday evening. Came home after church last night and worked on a project for work that HAD to be finished by today. Thank goodness that my coworker had came over for the night and helped me. We were both up until 1 am this morning. Yuck. But the good thing is that it allowed us to be able to leave early today b/c we busted our tails getting all that stuff done to get it out in time.

This afternoon was busy. I cleaned out the car, did laundry, went shopping, rigged up a lap tray like they have in airplanes for the munchkin in back so when we're traveling, she'll have a table. I'm actually pretty impressed with myself. Of course, it's not be tested out yet, but I'll let ya know how it goes.

I read in one of the works for me wednesday's over at rocks in my dryer a tip on traveling with kids. I forget who posted it, but it was in the summer boredom tips post. They said they use a cookie sheet for the kids to play on while travelling and give them magnetic pieces to play with....like the magnetic alphabets or magnetic toddler toys and they stick to the cookie sheet which is great for travelling. So I decided to try that....only I wanted to make it like a table, so I used shelf brackets, tied them to the driver's seat with twine, put velcro on the bottom of the pan and on the brackets, and now there is a lap tray that can be removed by untying the twine. It's not the sturdiest thing in the world, but for a three year old, as long as she's not SITTING on it, I think it will hold up. I'll let ya know. An maybe sometime I'll post a picture of it. You'll have to promise not to laugh though. It definitely doesn't look like a professional job. Haha. The only thing missing is the duct tape. Although I might take a roll along in case any problems arise. Bwhahaha!!

Whew. I'm really tired. It's kinda late. We went to a little boy's birthday party (one of the munchkin's buddies from church) and they did a farm theme and had animals there to pet and a pony that the kids got to ride on....it was really cool. Unfortunately it poured down the rain before and after the party. It did let up a little, long enough for the kids to pet the animals and get all close up to them, but everything was still wet though. It was a very neat party though! They did a good job with it. I was surprised that the munchkin didn't have too much trouble going to sleep. She ate cake, ice cream, and candy between 7:30 and 8:15 and was asleep by 9:30. *huge sigh of relief* I was very surprised though b/c she seemed to be wired and didn't want to calm down to go to sleep, so the fact that it wasn't a huge battle was amazing! No complaints here though.

Okay. It's like almost midnight and I need to hit the sack. Early morning tomorrow. Here's a pic of the pot of lillies on our porch that has totally taken off this year. They're so pretty!

Anyways, catch ya whenever I get a chance again.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)