Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's Me

I'm here. Still alive. Amazingly enough. After killing our routine by spending an entire day up at the church b/c VBS started tonight and after Sunday morning service, we ate pizza in the dining hall and then all the folks worked on getting the VBS stuff set up, we actually survived until the end of the evening.

Tried to get naps in there....didn't work. I felt like I was defeated by a three year old. I was SO incredibly frustrated about that. I finally gave up after an hour and a half and said okay, fine...you don't have to take a nap, but you don't get to go play or anything either. UGH. I knew the bouncer wouldn't sleep, but he did good and just laid still (unlike his sister) and had some quiet time. And then he got to go play again afterwards.

*sigh*

Why can't they both be good at the same time? Anybody? All I know is they sure know how to be BAD at the same time. Hahaha!

Okay. I'm okay. Really. It'll all work out and be okay. I know it!

Oh yeah, and she was not able to fight sleep very long tonight. HA! She tried, but could not keep her eyes open. I rocked her for five minutes and she was actually asleep when I laid her down. No faking. *grin* LOVED THAT!

Bless her little heart, she had huge dark circles under eyes all afternoon, she was so tired.

Her SW is going to training tomorrow and will not be able to do the visit, so I don't have to worry about her having a really bad day because of that on top of being worn out. That is going to make 3 weeks now that her BM hasn't seen her. And if she misses the next one.....

ANYWAYS.

VBS crafts went okay tonight, and my awesome hubby did an incredible job with tonight's story skit for the VBS kids.....I was in total awe.....

It was real sweet, too, when.....well, let me give you a little background so you understand....

KC's story skit was on Abraham offering Isaac and having faith in God to do what God asked. So at the end of the skit, he asked the kids what some of the things that were very special to them were, that they would be very very sad to have to give up.......

And the bouncer raises his hand and KC calls on him, and he says, "my little sister"

And the whole crowd goes, "AWWWWWW"

It was incredibly totally sweet. Makes me almost cry thinking about it. Cuz his only "little sister" is the munchkin. And that was his thing that was very special to him. Not only that, but he was the first volunteer, so it's not like he was copying someone else's answer. It was just too adorable.

Oh yeah, and the Sunday School for the 3-5 class went okay this morning, too. Nothing happened to give me the urge to vent about it on here, so I consider that a success.

Well...let me take that back. It was good until the end of it, when the munchkin needed to go potty and I still had the other kids that I couldn't leave and so I sent munchkin across the hall by herself while I quickly wrapped up the other kids and sent them back out to their parents (b/c we were finished and it was time for the adults to be finished, too). Sending munchkin by herself? Bad idea. I was on my way to assist munchkin, when I hear her hollering for mommy. Uh oh.

I walk in and she is standing in front of the potty, splashing in the water on the floor. People, I thought the toilet was backed up. Honestly! I, for real, thought something had happened to the toilet and that's why she was calling me.

Until I smelled it....and she pointed to herself and said, "me p p in my pannies" (boombooms)

Oh dear heavens. And I'm not kidding, ya'll. The puddle was deep enough that she was splashing in it, and it was around 4 foot across, right in front of the potty. Not only that, but her shoes were completely drenched. The only pair I had brought.

I'm just going to say that I didn't make it to sing in the choir today. I was too busy supervising cleanup of Lake Weewee. Well, and assisting in decontamination duty. And I refused to go to the car to get her change of clothes. Her outfit was too cute to only make it through Sunday School. LOL. How do you like THAT logic?

Well, the only part of her outfit that was wet was the bottom of her undies, anyway, so I just rinsed them out good and dried as much of the water from them as I could, and then put them back on her. They were a little damp, but they were okay, and they were clean, and I set her on an old shirt so she wouldn't get the pew wet while she dried. LOL.

Yes, I am aware of my oh, so many, shortcomings as a mommy. Ya'll will just have to pray for me, kay? I'm trying. Really. And I have yet to meet the perfect parent.....all I know is that it's not me! I hate it, but I'm just not up to that level yet.

Oh and ya'll totally cracked me up with the comments on my last post. Teeehehee......thanks, guys. I needed to laugh....and to know that there was someone else laughing with me. *grin*

Anyways....it will all come out in the wash.....it always does.....*grin* I just prefer it not to be coming out in the HAND wash....I much rather it come out in the MACHINE washer. ROFL!

God help me. I can already tell this is going to be an incredibly TOO short week.

Sorry for the randomness.....I'm so exhausted. My friend, the pillow, is calling my name. Quite loudly, actually. Oh wait....that might be the munchkin having a bad dream. ROFL! Nah, I think it's the pillow. Really. It's the pillow. Please be the pillow! Yeah. It's the pillow. I know it is. I'm going to answer the call of the pillow now (and ya'll, honestly, it really is the pillow. All kidding aside.....if it were the munchkin, I would go to her and comfort her, not ignore her and go on to bed....I'm not THAT mean). *grin*

PS to my friend Jules, I'm dreadfully sorry about missing the wedding shower yesterday. Honestly, you read my blog so you know how crazy our house is right now and I know that's no excuse but I totally lost track of the date and it did not even cross my mind that it was supposed to be yesterday until KC mentioned it today. PLEASE forgive me. It was totally not intentional and I'm am completely embarrassed about it. Please don't hate me! *embarrassed grin here* =) I would continue grovelling, but I really need to go have some fellowship with my pillow. *grin* All I can say is, I love ya, girl! Oh yeah, and I hope you feel better soon...I'm sorry I woke you up today when I called to apologize.....okay. I have to go. I do love you and I'm sorry!

Night night....

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I started reading your blog, as a mommy myself, I totally feel what you're saying! I blog on here too. I have a 22 month old and a 4 1/2 month old right now. The Dora thing got to me, my son loves Dora and goes nuts if anything he has that's Dora related gets messed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know how busy you have been so don't worry about it girl! You've got a lot on your plate right now, so I totally understand! :o) You are forgiven. -j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even when you are crazy tired, your blogs crack me up!! LOL!! I hope you got lots of sleep and your week has started off wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)