Saturday, June 09, 2007

I Can't Hide These Cryin Eyes

No. I haven't been crying, but my eyes look like I've been on a crying jag that lasted longer than Britney Spears' first marriage. I'm not sure what the deal is. They're kinda red, but they're not itchy, so I don't think it's pinkeye. Actually, it feels very similar to the feeling you get when you have been swimming in a chlorinated pool with your eyes open for a very long time. Kinda burning. And they're rather dry, too.

I mentioned it.....err....whined about it......to my husband this morning, who not so sympathetically asked me if I wanted him to take me to the emergency room. UH. NO. "I just wanted you to pat my knee and tell me how sorry you are that I am in such discomfort," I say. To which he replies, while patting my knee, "Oh. I'm sorry you're in such discomfort, honey. That must feel terrible."

And there you have it. Another illustration of the vast differences between men and women (or Mars and Venus). I tell him my problem. I do not want him to solve my problem. I want to feel validated. He hears my problem. He wants to solve the problem. He does not get the validation issue without being told. Classic. Lord, love him. *grin* I'm not mad about it. Although he was being rather facetious about it. LOL.

Anyways. Mom came up to visit this morning. That was nice. She entertained the munchkin for awhile while we worked on the disaster that is also known as our house. Munchkin sure loves her Nonna and Mawmaw. Poor thing....Poppa and Pawpaw rarely get to see her so she hardly knows them, but Nonna and Mawmaw.....whew. Mention their names and hear her squeal. LOL.

By the way, to the anonymous commenter who is a social worker, thank you so much for commenting. That was really cool. Have you been reading my blog very long? Could you do me a huge favor if you read regularly....?? If I ever seem to be saying too much in regards to foster care or giving out any kind of information that is not vague or non-identifying enough, could you shoot me an email (link over in the sidebar) and let me know? I try to be careful, but not being familiar with the other side of the system so much sometimes leaves me wondering if I'm careful enough. So anyways, I really appreciate the comments you left, though, and I'm glad you were encouraged. I hear horror stories about social workers, and I have to tell you that I have not yet seen anything that I have not admired out of any that I have seen so far. The one who is currently working with munchkin and bouncer is terrific! She is always helpful and on top of returning calls and emails, gives plenty of information, and puts up with all my questions. LOL. I think you guys are doing a very much needed job that doesn't get enough recognition or pay and not only that, I know a lot of times you all are looked at as bad people for taking kids. And I would need to get my soapbox out for my thoughts on THAT. Especially after being in court. Parents are given every (in my opinion -- TOO many) opportunity to make changes and get their kids back. It is NOT the county's fault that the children need to be taken because they're neglected or abused. ARGH.

Sorry. I'll get off that now. LOL.

So the munchkin is asleep now. Nonna's gone home. The house is almost back in decent order. Except for this junk in my head, things almost feel normal. I still have to finish cleaning out/packing up my scrapbook stuff and get a place cleaned out in the munchkin's closet for it to go. BUT. It's coming. That is an excellent feeling.

I'll tell ya another excellent feeling......the feeling of the fourth (or is it fifth now) glass of Dr. Pepper sliding down my throat. Well, actually, the Dr. P is sliding down my throat, not the glass, but you know what I meant. I love my mummy....she stopped at the store on her way here and picked up (2) 2-liters for me. *huge blissful sighhhhhhhh*

Okay. Break's over. Back to work now!

Later!

1 comment:

  1. Hope your eyes are better. And I think that is really cool that a Social Worker commented. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)