Monday, June 25, 2007

Drama, Drama, Drama!!!!!

And people, I'm tellin ya....it's not just limited to the skits they're performing for Vacation Bible School, either!!!!! HOO-EEE!

If it's not one thing, it's another....or five.

Because it is very rapidly getting late and I'm really tired, I'm going to try....TRY.....to keep this kind of short. And of course I don't have to try to keep it random....you know it will be.

1. I'm glad I didn't give myself a long to-do list today. I would have been sorely disappointed with myself. All I told myself that I needed to complete, was to meet up with KR and get all the VBS craft stuff that we needed to brainstorm and work up together finished. And if I got anything else done, it would just be a bonus. Well. No bonuses for me today. Bummer. Thank goodness for daycare though. I can't even imagine how hard it would have been to get anything done if we'd added bouncer and munchkin to the mix of kids trying to kill....er....I mean play nicely together with...each other while us three mom's tried to get all the posterboard measured and cut for each of the projects. Huge sigh of relief that that is done, though!

2. Remember the sticky squishy Dora who is missing a limb? Well, there is a companion "sticky squishy" which is purple and is a monkey named Boots. Munchkin has this companion "sticky squishy". I'm seriously considering making these "sticky squishies" mysteriously disappear while I'm cleaning house tomorrow and Munchkin is at daycare. No, it's not because there was any drama with munchkin over Boots missing any rubber limbs.....this time it was me. I walked up to the window in the Munchkin's room in my bare feet to close the curtains. Guess what is laying next to the air vent? Yes. I stepped on a cold sticky squishy. I nearly had a conniption until I figured out what I was stepping on....it felt like....well, never mind. Use your imagination! LOL....and then I breathed a huge irritated, discusted sigh as I wondered if she would realize they were gone if they disappeared. Ugh.

3. And then there was this. Ya'll, it's the closest thing to perfection that I've seen in quite a while. MMM....so good! I LOVE it. I actually went out and bought two cartons of my favorite....Edy's Fully Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I had to beg the stockman to check the freezer in the back for it b/c they were out. Whew....that was a huge sigh of relief when he came back with a case!!!!! I was beginning to get worried. Honestly though, I didn't buy both cartons for myself....I was going to share with the VBS Craft team (otherwise known as us three moms) but we were so busy with the crafts that we never took time to stop and eat the stuff. Oh well. Then I got home and KC laid a guilt trip on me for getting two cartons of my kind and none for him. Too bad, so sad! Besides, I didn't finish the last carton of my stuff and me and him are the only ones in the house that eat it....so there! *grin* Plus, he's still got about three opened cartons of his kind of ice cream in the freezer.
4. Oh yeah, and can't forget this......oh my. Ya'll, I'm sorry. I know it's not funny, but i can't help it. I was totally cracking up!!!!!! KC picked this stuff up for our seven year old thumb-sucker to try to start breaking that habit.
Have any of ya'll ever tasted that stuff? SICK! It's like a cross between sour apples, nail polish remover, and listerine. Not, not, NOT a pleasant combination!!!! And it stays on your fingers like nail polish....you can't just wash it off....it takes like days to wear off.
So KC put it on his thumb to see how it worked. No, he doesn't have a problem with thumbsucking, he was just checking it out!!!! Hahahah! I tasted it, too and it was absolutely sicko.
Then we were sitting in church with the munchkin tonight during the skit and I leaned over and whispered to KC to let her taste his thumb. ROFL! I'm so mean. Anyways, he stuck his thumb up near her face and she just bit it and then let go when he pulled his thumb back. So when he pulled it back, she grabbed it and pulled it back in her mouth and got a good taste of it. It was HILARIOUS. The look on her face was absolutely priceless. She was spitting and trying to wipe her tongue off and everything. I gave her a drink and that pretty much solved it, but it was SOO funny!
Well, tonight it was on with the bouncer. OH MY GOODNESS!!! KC waited till he fell asleep and put that stuff on his thumbs. A little while later the bouncer got a rude awakening. Let me just give you a few exerpts from tonight's conversation (as told by KC....and partially overheard by me).....***imagine extreme whine from half asleep kid*****
B: "I've gotta go wash my hands! I've gotta go wash my hannnnnds...."
KC: "Your thumbs must not want you to suck them tonight!"
B: washing mouth out and spitting over and over: "This is horrible, I can't understand this, they taste bad sourrrrrr!!!!!!"
KC: "Maybe they'll let you suck on them tomorrow."
B: "I wanna suck my thummmmmbbbbbb....why won't they let me suck on themmmmm???????"
KC: "here, have some mouthwash."
Well, anyways. He ended up falling asleep sucking his thumb anyways....despite the yucky taste. KC is going to put more on later....poor kid.
ROFL....well, maybe he won't need to put anymore on....I just heard an extremely irritated screeched "NOOOOOOOOOoooooo" from the back bedroom, accompanied by some spitting noises, so my guess is he just tried to stick his thumb back in his mouth again. LOL. I know it's not funny, but I so can't help it.....I'm sorry!!!!
Well, that's it for tonight. Seems like there was more, but I'm tired, KC's tired, and it's past bedtime again and there is no way we're ever going to get caught up on sleep at this rate.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)