Thursday, June 28, 2007

Another Day, Another....uh....Spent Some Dollars??

I know I didn't MAKE another dollar today....but hey. I had a good day. That's what counts. Life isn't about the money anyways. Course, if you don't have any, it can make life a little more difficult....

Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen Miscellaneous Things (did I spell miscellaneous right?) from today.....

1. I mailed three books out for my new addiction (Paperbackswap.com).
2. They moved the ATM that I always used when we lived in town. I wasted at least a gallon of gas trying to find one to get some cash so I could go back to the thrift store to get the few things I had them hold. That one didn't take credit or check....cash only. Who carries cash anymore? Anyways, I probably would have been better off if I had just driven to the one that wasn't close by, but that I knew where it was at....in the long run it would have been faster. Oh well. I did manage to get back before the little girls bike got gone. 3 bucks! Slightly used, but in perfect working condition (only I had to pump up the tires and wipe off the dirt when I got home). It even had training wheels on it already. Now....how do you teach a kid to pedal???? *sigh*
3. It's true....apparently you can acquire a taste for that nasty ol nail biting stuff. Good gravy....KC double coated it tonight and even put in on the skin on the other side of the nail.....and he didn't even comment about it as he sucked his thumb. All I gotta say is....there is no way he should have complained about the green peas tasting so nasty at supper the other night....they didn't taste nearly as nasty as that stuff he sucks on at night now. Next week we're putting cayenne extract in the bottle of nail biter stuff. He hate, hate, HATEs spicy hot stuff....he will go berserk!!!! LOL! We'll break him one way or another. Hehehehe.....come on ya'll...be positive for me....haha! just kidding....you can be realistic. I understand.
4. Next year for Vacation Bible School at church? I'm going on VACATION with my vacation days, and letting them have the bible school without me. It hasn't been terrible, but there have been some things that have really kinda....um....irked me. Oh well. Such is life.
5. The thrift store had books 12/$1.00. That is like....really good. They had some nice young adult fiction books....so I picked up some of the nice looking books and came home and listed them on paperbackswap. So far no one has taken those yet, but for that price, I'm not losing anything!
6. Does anyone happen to know why Yu-Gi-Oh Cards are supposed to be so bad? A kid at school wants to give some to the Bouncer and the kid's mom asked me if I allowed him to have those. For some reason, I'm thinking they were bad, but I don't know why...and researching the internet today didn't pull anything up. Does anyone have any input on this from a Christian perspective? That would be appreciated. I told the kid's mom that I appreciated the offer, but I would get back with her. She also said that she would appreciate it if I let her know what I find out about them.....so ya'll help me out here.....
7. I got one closet cleaned out today. Tomorrow I'm going to tackle the coat closet and quite possibly start working in the garage to pull the yardsale stuff together and get a pile started.
8. KC nixed the yardsale for this Saturday morning idea. Said he doesn't want to have a yardsale here b/c of our yucky drive way and parking would be inconvenient. But he did approve 100% of working to get the yardsale items pulled out of the house to get things in better shape.
9. I really want to stay home. I liked getting to take the bouncer to his counseling appointment at one of the local schools this morning. And then running an errand and coming back to get him when his session was over. And taking him back to summer camp at the daycare and going to get his prescriptions filled.....and running my other errands. It was lovely.
10. Tomorrow I would like to scrapbook. I'll let ya know how that goes. I've got a lot....LOT....to get done.....and my week of vacation is too close to being over! I need to find some time to take my friend's little boy's 2 year pictures since it will soon be a month past his 2nd birthday. Maybe I'll call her tomorrow and set that up for Monday morning.
11. Bouncer is excited about getting to spend a week with our friends that are working on getting their license. We're not telling him yet that they are thinking about adoption, we just told him that they're getting ready to be foster parents and would like some practice, and did he think he could give them some practice? He said, SURE! Do I have to stay with them until they don't need anymore practice? LOL!!!!! We said, no, just for a week this time.
12. I've only drank half a 2 liter of doctor pepper today. It's kinda sad that I feel proud of myself for that. LOL!
13. I WANNNNNNNAAAAAA stayyyyy hooooooooooooommmmmeeeee!!!! To the point of, I'm actually ready to sit down with KC and go over the budget and discuss what we need to do to make it happen sometime in the not so distant future. And I absolutely DESPISE doing that budget thing! LOL. And the irritating thing is, now that I'm ready to sit down and do this, KC (who has been after me for awhile to do it) doesn't seem to be ready anymore. ARGH. I just wanna sit down and look at what is going out and what I'm bringing home to see if it's really worth it b/c frankly if I'm working 40 hours a week and only bringing home a couple of hundred extra a month, I'd rather stay home and find a baby to keep for a few hours a day and make the same amount b/c I'm not having to drive 2 hours a day or eat out all the time.......well...you know what I mean.

Anyways. that's thirteen.
I'm tired now. If you want the official thirteen, you can go to www.thursdaythirteen.com and see all the rest there. I haven't done it officially since I got that rude anonymous comment that came from there.....kinda gunshy now.....so anyways. There it is.

Later!

1 comment:

  1. I really hate to tell you; but it doesn't matter WHAT you put on his thumb, he WILL get used to it! (Trust me.....I speak from experience!) It's like smoking, when he's ready to give it up, he will give it up, and what's so bad about having some comfort in sucking a thumb at night? That may be the ONLY comfort he had for years.....and you're trying to take it away?.....I mean, my gravy, if that's the worst the kid does........don't sweat it........you know what they say: "don't sweat the small stuff"!
    Sorry.....but I'm just saying.......................

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)