Thursday, October 15, 2009

WOOOTTT!

The good news is – no cavities.  The bad news is I’m terrible at flossing so my teeth are now KILLING me from the intense poking and scraping of the pearly whites.  At one point I was dozing off in the chair (couldn’t help it…they play sleepy music and it was raining) as the hygienist was scraping my teeth, when she hit a particularly sensitive part of my gums…and my eyes flew open ---- when I finally got focused on her gloves, I started feeling around my mouth with my tongue to make sure my teeth were all still in my head because her gloves were…um…splattered….  Then I wondered if she was grossed out – because I was…and it was MY blood!  Are you nauseated yet?  Sorry.

Anyway, isn’t this lovely?  I post twice in one day and I talk about gross-ness.  LOL.  My bad. 

In non-gross stuff, my friend, Jules, at Directed Paths, is having a blog giveaway from some of her scrapbooking stash that she’s cleaning out….go comment for a chance to pick up some goodies.  ;-)  I probably should take a page from her book and clean mine out and give it away…lol.  I keep thinking I’ll need it.  I’m such a packrat!  =(  Oh well.  There are worse things one could packrat.  For instance, I have vivid memories from my childhood when my great grandma passed away and my brother and I were subjected to tag along for the great house cleaning.  My most vivid memory was climbing up into the old attic and seeing the enormous pile of empty mayonnaise jars…if I recall correctly, they had yellow lids (Duke’s, perhaps?).  And she also had a penchant for used tin foil…quite a few kitchen shelves dedicated to carefully folded sheets of used tinfoil. 

Whoa.  How did I get on that?  AnYwaY…I guess packrat characteristics could possibly be genetics at work, huh?  So I wonder where I get my tendencies to wander off topic so easily?  Probably dad…hey dad, do you still start singing one song and end up on a completely different song?  I did that the other day.  Yep….must have got it from my dad.  Lord, deliver us from genetics….especially those we’re fighting against in our kids….but that’s a totally different topic altogether.  LOL!

Well, I’m off here.  I need to work on more wedding edits and design stuff. 

Later!

5 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh! I'm a packrat too and I'm addicted to sales. Not a good combo! LOL. Thanks for the addvertising. Appreciate that. :o) Glad you're cavity free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, i have a few pack-rat tendencies too. i keep egg cartons, toilet paper rolls, ect for craft ideas for the kids but i do try to not be ridiculous and throw them away/give them away if I don't use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey if you ever have any scrap book stuff to get rid of I am sooo open!I need some! Anyways Morgan always hogs the stuff you give her! She gives me the stuff she dont like! lol!
    -Kelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Dad is still the Medley Master, doesn't matter if he is singing or playing an instrument. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone who can fall asleep in the dentist chair is my hero! I am quite sure that my rear never touches the bottom of the chair!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)