Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Procrastination Project

Well, I finally got around to it.  And in retrospect, it was a procrastination project in more ways than just one.  First though...take a gander at the before and after shots. beforeafter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Don't you just LOVE before and after shots?  I do.  It makes me want to go find another project to do, although I'd be hard pressed to find another in such drastic need.     

Anyway, as I was saying, I did not realize how much of a study in procrastination this desk had become until I emptied it completely, wiped it down, and tried to reorganize the stuff to put back. 

See, this desk used to be in use in the office, which is now Munchkin's bedroom.  Of course, when we put all the kid stuff in, mommy and daddy stuff had to go away, so henceforth, the office stuff was packed up and now resides in two neat semi-neat stacks in the garage.  That is an excellent excuse reason not to file, let me tell ya.  I digress.  Back to the story.  The desk was stuck in the garage, empty, to sit until the time comes when we have a room in which to put it (at this rate, it will be our next house, I'm sure).  The desk is currently un-usable, due to the garage being neither heated, nor air-conditioned, and let's face it...paying bills is unpleasant enough, without sweating it or chilling your fingers to the bone while doing it. 

And that whole paragraph there was just to say that the desk was emptied of all the things that belong on it.  Right.  Okay. Just making sure you're with me here. 

WHAT IS ALL THAT STUFF ON IT THEN?

IMG_2183Well, let me put it this way, as I started organizing the things that I raked off the desk, and putting things away in their proper homes, there wasn't much to put back on the desk, because, hel-LO...all the desk things are still packed away! 

So basically, the desk was full of things that I was PROCRASTINATING about putting away. 

This picture on the right was the pile of things to put away inside.  Yikes.

And for the things that are still on the desk, yes, the majority of those things belong there, I went through some of the packed away office stuff and pulled out some of the things that I have found myself needing (you know, like that office variety hole punch now that I've finished punching the million and one holes for the stories in hand book and have a sore hand to prove it). 

Fun, fun, fun. 

I never did find the stapler though.  Humph. 

I should have taken pictures of the area surrounding the desk, as my efforts to clean the desk sorta bled over into the nearby messes.  Strangely enough, most of the nearby messes were also "procrastination piles."  Ahh...the joys of putting things off...*sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! Glad I "inspired" you to clean and take before and after shots. :o) Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be feeling ambitious! Looks good too! I can't blame you on the "paper procrastination" part. There's always to much to go through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your before pic is exactly what my desk looks like. I don't think I'll have an after pic like yours for a while though!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)