Saturday, October 24, 2009

Busy Saturday

Well, we took a drive over to TN for R & M’s wedding.  We overslept (thanks to KC taking a Benadryl at 6am and falling back to sleep…and of course, I was expecting him to wake me up, so we woke up 45 minutes before we were supposed to leave) and then everybody out on the road was in no hurry to get anywhere. 

I took pictures on the way over there and on the way back, but not one blessed picture of the wedding.  I was too busy appreciating the fact that I could go to a wedding without any of my family having any part of the stress.  LOL.  Well that and the fact that we were about 10 minutes late and slipped in to the way back corner, far out of picture zone.  I wasn’t mad about it.  I was just relieved that we made it over the gorge without getting a ticket or a wreck and that we got there in time to slip in the back before the processionals started…lol!  I won't say how fast KC was driving, but it was way faster than he allows me to drive.  A cop even came flying up behind us with his lights flashing and KC almost had a heart attack and got over in the slow lane but the cop went right on around.  What can I say?  It’s KC’s luck.  It’s like he’s got a free pass on cavities and tickets.  *sigh*

IMG_4656ewebWell, the leaves were beautiful and the drive was lovely.  The wedding was very nice and it was nice to see everyone again (even if it was for a very short amount of time).  Anyway, here’s the pics (of the drive, not the wedding)…  IMG_4633eweb IMG_4637ewebIMG_4636eweb

And then home…isn’t the house so pretty with the colorful trees behind it?  Wanna buy it?  We’re thinking of selling it.  We’re moving to Honolulu.  JUST KIDDING.  We’re not moving far away or anything.  Just need more space.  IMG_4657ewebIMG_4658eweb

IMG_4662ewebSpeakin of space, we left the girl at Mawmaw’s this weekend because mommy needed some space.  I felt so much better when we got back that I even was all nice and put her hair in curlers for church tomorrow…she LOVES doing that and I am NEVER in the mood to do it.  As a follow-up to the haircut debacle -- after her awful beginning and middle of the week, she had two really good days on Thursday and Friday which made me very happy.  I’m not sure if it had anything to do with the consequences she got for her self-inflicted haircut (and for thinking it was hilarious when mommy was talking to her about it) or if she just decided to be good.  LOL.  I’m just happy she had better days.  Hopefully they will be the start of a better trend!

And now, I’m going to hop off…I have a splitting headache and I need to get to bed.  Can’t do another late night because I’ve got the sunday school class in the morning (the 8-12’s in which I am usually the “assistant”)  Yikes.  G-night!

6 comments:

  1. Awe... she's so cute. Don't worry I didn't take any pictures of the actual wedding either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you take pictures of the haircut? I remember Sis cutting her hair when she was about 4 or 5. Her & Melinda H. did it one Sunday afternoon while they were at her house. Mom took pictures. I'd say we shant ever forget, pictures or not. LOL. Needless to say she got in BIG trouble, but ended up with a cute do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't take pictures of the wedding either. The hubs were too busy making comments and giggling like a couple of girls to help out in the picture department. What happens to them when they get together???? They cut up constantly. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your travel scenery pics are pretty. :) Buying your house would be great, but if it's getting too small for you, it would definitely be for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Look at those Fall colors! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every girl has to have a curler pic. How cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)