Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another Photo Scavenger Hunt

For the month of June, I joined Kristi’s PSH again and here’s my take on her list.  This one was fun.  To see the other participants’ photos, go here.

1. A View from Above (looking down)
1 - View From Above 
(From the top of the Ferris Wheel at Tweetsie Railroad – June 11, 09)

2. A Macro Shot
2 - Macro 
(Seriously, I took this.  KC didn’t believe me when I told him that.  LOL!  It was on the side of the gas pump at Ingles the other day.  I have no idea what it is, except that I got out to pump gas and thought…HUM…that would make an INTERESTING macro shot for the photo hunt!  Then I grabbed the camera and even though it wasn’t my big camera, I think it turned out rather fine…YAY!)

3. Laughter
3 - Laughter 
(I just LOVE posting pictures that people will want to kill me over!  Sorry, CV, it’s really the best laughter shot I got all month!  And maybe it doesn’t work this way for you, but every time I see it, I giggle!)

4. Relaxation 
4 - Relaxation
(Well, he wasn’t doing MUCH relaxing…but at this particular moment he looked a little relaxed…LOL!)

5. A Celebration
5 - Celebration 
(The Munchkin graduated preschool.  On to Kindergarten this fall…my how time does fly!)

6. A Sunset
6 - Sunset
(Grabbed this shot as we were leaving the parking lot at church the other night.)

7. Sun/Lens Flare
7 - Sun Lens Flare 
(That is the tall round ride at Carowinds that just goes around the pole and views the whole park.  In all the times I’ve been to Carowinds, I have never ever rode that one.  But I thought it looked cool in the sunset as we were leaving!  And there is DEFINITELY some sun/lens flare going on!)

8.  A Bridge 
8 - Bridge 1
(A few boards nailed across a creek in the middle of a pasture.  And occasionally, there will be a cow underneath that bridge.  Maybe someday I’ll take a hike INTO the pasture to get that shot.  LOL!)

9.  A Shadow
9 - Shadow 
(Also at Carowinds.  This was one I found as I was going through my pics looking for anything with a shadow.  If I’d taken this shot for the shadows intentionally, I’d have cleared the area for the shadows.  OH WELL.  A shadow’s a shadow, right?  And as I went through said pics, I realized that I don’t think I posted any Carowinds pics from our trip at the beginning of this month.  HUM.  I shall have to remedy that sometime soon.)

10.  A Garden
10 - Garden 
(My neighbor’s flower garden.  I took a picture of MY vegetable garden but this flower garden is much prettier, so I’m going to use it.)

11.  A Park
11 - Park 
(Well, it’s not TECHNICALLY a park, since it’s in our backyard, but it has all the same features.  Woods, playground, swings, slides, a water fountain -- okay, so the water comes out of the fridge, but whatever, okay? LOL!)

12.  A Street Scene
12 - Street Scene 1 
(This fire truck was following a funeral procession – hence the reason I was stopped and taking pictures from the middle of the road.  I’m not sure, but I’m guessing that perhaps the deceased may have been involved with the fire department…or else there was a fire that was going to be completely burned out by the time the fire truck got out of the funeral procession.)

13.  Signage
13 - Signage
(Hey look!  It’s another red barn.  With a cool looking old sign painted on it.  Doesn’t get any cooler than that!)

14.  A Summer Activity
14 - Summer Activity
(Well, okay, maybe THIS would be cooler than that.  This is a FAVORITE summer activity!)

15.  A Summer Treat
15 - Summer Treat
(Home made kool-aid popsicles)

16.  Earth
16 - earth
(Well, this isn’t exactly a globe or planet looking photo, but it technically could qualify as “earth” albeit just a few small particles of it….LOL!)

17.  Air/Wind
17 - Air Wind
(Air/Wind is a lot harder to capture than you’d think.  I mean, how do you picture air?  ANYWAY, this is the wind blowing some flags at a church I used to pass on the way to work every day.  I happened to be down that way again, and grabbed a shot of it.  Okay, so I took about 10 shots trying to get the wind blowing it at a pretty angle, but never mind that.)

18.  Fire
18 - Fire
(Grilling out on the back deck.  This was AFTER I tried to blow the thing up!)

19.  Water
19 - Water
(In the car again.  This time on the way to church in a crazy downpour that made it hard to see anything past 5 feet in front of your windshield.  Focused on the window with F stop of f/4, 1/60 sec, ISO 400 and a sharpening pass in PS3 to catch the water running across the window.)

20.  Something Vintage (pre-1980)
20 - Vintage 
(My dad recently freshened up Mr. Rooster’s paint job, but that doesn’t change his vintage-ness.  This dude has been around as long as I can remember.  It sat in Grandma’s yard back in the old home place and my mom said it was there as far back as she can remember.  I’m not saying how old that makes it, but it’s definitely older than 1980.  Anyways, it got passed down to mom after Grandma died and now sits outside on mom’s porch.)

21.  Something Made of Glass
21 - Glass
(Munchkin’s VBS Sand Art in a glass baby food jar with gold spray-painted lids.  VBS Theme was Truth Trek and more specifically: Joseph – this craft was on the night of the coat of many colors)

22.  Something Made of Wood
22 - Wood
(Wood burned wall plaques…VBS crafts…the older groups got to wood burn their names in Egyptian Hieroglyphics.  With all it’s difficulties, this project turned out pretty well and the kids seemed to really enjoy making something besides paper crosses and plastic mugs.  *Grin*)

23.  Something that Floats
23 - Floats 
(Let’s just say the little FLOATIE RING floats.  The little kid inside it hasn’t quite got the hang of the float yet.)

24.  Something Railroad Related
24 - RR 1 
(A train going through the city up the hill.  I passed right in front of it a minute before the gates went down and didn’t even see it coming and as I was on the tracks, looked over and saw it and about had a heart attack.  Thank goodness it was slow moving.  HA.)

25.  Something Round
25 - Round 
(Hay bales…but the tree has a nice round shape, as well.)

Well, that’s it.  So fun.  A couple of them I couldn’t decide which pic to use, so I put a few of my second choices on the photography blog.

28 comments:

  1. I love your pictures, it's so hard to pick a favorite! But... that view from above was very unique! Kool aid popsicles... made me crave for it!

    I also joined the hunt and my results can be seen HERE. If you have the time, please visit as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures, it's so hard to pick a favorite! But... that view from above was very unique! Kool aid popsicles... made me crave for it!

    I also joined the hunt and my results can be seen HERE. If you have the time, please visit as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your loast picture the BEST! (Although, knowing me, I love all your pictures!) :o) Great post. I may join in one day. If I do it today...it will be VERY late evening. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loast? I meant LAST. Also the macro picture is awesome too. I love trying to take pictures like that. Can't say mine turn out that great, but I'm working on it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your macro! I've never seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, your son already finished a week of VBS? We've just begun our summer vacation this past week!

    I love your fire shot!

    you've taken a great collection of photos - thanks for the view into your world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faith, nicely done! Your something round and macro shots are both awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your "summer treat".

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these photos are great- love the sand art, the hay bales, the popsicles...tough to pick a fave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful pics here. my fav are no 6 and 7

    ReplyDelete
  11. your something round is awesome... with both things being round. so neat!
    you've got a great collection here, something glass also caught my eye as a fave.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures are great - as always !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yeah! Macros are totally my love and you did great! Love the sunflare and laughter too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uh, that "shot from above" is scary, yeikes :D
    I love the fire one, makes me hungry :D
    And the wood burned name signs are way cool :D!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:51 PM

    Love your macro and signage! Great shots here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:52 PM

    I love the popsicles and your shot from above makes me feel like I'm really on the ride! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jamie2:43 PM

    Love the hay bales and the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really like your colorful summer treat pic...and the downpour one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Faith,

    You made some really great pictures here. I really like your looking down, macro, sunset and fire.

    Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah, I could totally kill you over that picture..I'll have to return the favor some day ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. PS I do laugh when I look at the picture except I'm laughing at Anna's face in the background *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi!
    Awesome photos! I love your vintage rooster, I collect chickens. Also your summer treat, boy does that bring back memories. I made those for my son when he was little. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like your garden shot... my hydrangeas are nowhere near ready to bloom.

    Loved the summer treat shot. so very colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favourites are the summer treat and A view from above.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great photos, Faith! Quite a few in my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great pictures. I was going to list my favorites, but I like them ALL =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would pick the ferris wheel and the popsicles as my favorites. You’re hunt results were wonderful. Here’s my hunt hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful photos. I love your summer treat and the hay bales!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)