Saturday, June 06, 2009

Saturday Night Random-ness

Ya know.  There’s some major differences between my hubby and me.  We went on the church youth trip to Carowinds today (as chaperones, not youth…LOL…that’s when you know you’re getting old…but anyways) and we just got home about half an hour ago (around 9-ish).  Well, we both are exhausted and said we’d unload the car, take a shower, and chill for a few minutes until bedtime (the Munchkin and K-man are still at mine and his parents until in the morning).  We come in and what does he do?  He pulls out all his t-shirts and socks and starts going through them.  So I take a shower.  I come out and he’s organizing the change on his nightstand.  Um.  I’m not even bothering to put away the stuff we took with us today…I’ll deal with it later.  I’m tired.  So WHY is he organizing his t-shirt collection?  Strange.  Oh well.  LOL!

Someone remind me of what to do for chigger bites?  I have three.  I’m sure you don’t want to know where, so I won’t tell you.  I’m not sure how I got them either.  Weirdness.  No, scratch that. Not weirdness, ITCHINESS!  (HAH.  SCRATCH THAT…GET IT?)  I will say this, I did wonder why my new leggings were making my skin crawl.  Now I know it wasn’t the leggings.  OR my imagination.  UGH.

I took an Aleve while we were in line for the first ride to prevent the coaster headache (not to mention the neck and shoulder issues) before they started.  Somewhere on the first ride, my stomach wrenched a knot around my esophagus and for the rest of the day, it felt like I was trying to swallow around that Aleve.  Not the most pleasant feeling in the world.  Actually, it still feels like there is a giant pill stuck in the middle of my esophagus and I know it can’t be the Aleve because it went down fine—AND it was a tiny pill—AND it was ages ago.  Only me. 

Sidenote: KC just read the first paragraph over my shoulder and said it’s because he’s just weird.  And because he said he’d go through his t-shirts yesterday, but he didn’t, so he thought the minute he got home from Carowinds would be a fantastic time to do it.  And his socks as a bonus.  So it’s official.  He’s weird.  I’m not sure but I think he might have caught it from me. 

And I have a flip flop tan line.  But no sunburn.  Hooray.  ;-)  And I’m tired. 

The End.

*scratch scratch*  *sigh*

 

K-man quote from last week:
As he was getting his jammies on and I was helping him:

”Momma?  You my BESSSSTTT girl!”  Awww.  Then “Momma” melted into a big puddle right there. 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to wal-mart and buy chiggerex...or spray benedryl for bites...the chiggerex is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have any clear fingernail polish that works great too! It smothers the chigger and they can't breath. Yea! :o) Hope you find something that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never recall chiggers being in Ohio...must be anudder suthern thang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:15 PM

    It's when you realize you're not a teenager anymore - you don't take the rides too well. I rode every ride with my niece and nephew last year. I was dizzy for a week!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)