Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Perfectly Good Saturday

Where did it go?  *sigh*

Oh yeah.  I spent most of it laying around on the couch.  Again.  How long does this flu stuff last anyway?

But.  No whining. 

I spent most of the afternoon surfing the internet researching handmade gift ideas for the holidays.

And uploading a few pictures that I never did pull off my camera....guess it's been about a month.  YIKES . 

Here's one that I had to put on the password protected pictures.

And here are the others....

Went to see M's band competition last month....he's the snare drummer on the end in the first picture and in the front of the line on the second picture.  That was pretty fun since we were otherwise kid-less...it was kinda like a date for me and the hubby.  Haha. IMG_2130IMG_2138

IMG_2149Then here's that project I was talking about...the magnetic calendar and altered dry erase board that I bought for $.50 and hung up for my calendar/to do list in my kitchen.  I like how it turned out.

Next we have last night's cpr/first aid class at DSS...CV & MV took it with us here in town so she was operating the camera here.  The instructor decided KC should be the human demo dummy (as opposed to the plastic versions that he also brought IMG_2172to class) and made him get up on the table and then made me be the first to practice using an AED.....it was only a test model, so it didn't actually SHOCK him.  LOL.  It was pretty funny.  He left after the cpr part b/c he had already taken first aid, but the older couple that the instructor used to demonstrate appropriate choking technique was HILARIOUS!!!  He was the one "choking" and she was trying to get her arms around him and told him to "suck it in" and he was like, "I CAN'T, I'm 'CHOKING'" and she said, hey, "be quiet, you can't talk, remember?"  They were TOO funny! 

And last of all, but certainly not least....I slaved in the kitchen popped open the can of dough and stuck them in the oven to make these today.

IMG_2174And then I iced them. 

And then the woman saw that the tree chocolate covered cinnamon twist was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree sweet to be desired to make one wise fat, she took of the fruit food thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.**  

And then they had another.  And I went and sat down.  And then I got up and took a picture of this exact one.  And then I ate it.  And it was good, too. 

The end. 

**this has been a twisted Faith-spin from the book of Genesis chapter 3.

Have a lovely evening.

3 comments:

  1. Your CPR class sounded like fun. Looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves. Loved the way you expressed your affections for confections...very cute...HaHaHa! Hope you had a good weekend and am glad it sounds like you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually end up taking CPR classes at work with Scott B. Let's just say he is the life of the class . Never a dull moment !

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooo, GURL!!!!! I love the board. It's awesome. I want one now. *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)