Saturday, November 29, 2008

In Lieu Of A Real Post

A brilliant remark from my dad earlier today.....

"Just because you're burning a candle doesn't mean you're holding a séance."

True, that. 

And on that note, it also doesn't mean you're Catholic.  It is what the intent of your heart makes it.  Just like with anything else you do or don't do. 

Good thing, too...cuz I burned one earlier today and the house still smells faintly yummy...and the only spirits I had to deal with over it were quite among the living ("What's that for, mom?  Can I touch it?") and not the dead, and I also didn't pray over it (well, unless you count, Dear Father, this child don't listen)!

Anyway, the turkey turned out fine, as did the stuffing, scalloped potatoes in the crockpot, and the biscuits....(made from scratch...I scratched them right out of the bag from the freezer). 

I have pictures, but will have to wait....been quite busy and it's totally time for bed. 

Later!

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the post Horizon of Chaos wrote. It's a very good point. Still, I have to wonder why must a church "split" because one has a different view and the other(s) take sides and will not worship with one another in love. If one(s)thinks the other(s)err with their beliefs, where does the bible say to shun and disown these people because of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote from your Dad is pretty cool.

    Thanks for all your help with the SS prep by the way. I would have been up 'til midnight if not for your assistance.

    Love ya, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Faith! You make me laugh all the time :) "scratched em right out of the bag" lol But, I have to say, I LOVE those frozen biscuits. Better than anything I could make!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)