Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fo' sum reason....

I feel tha dreadful need ta blog ta-night. I'm also feelin tha dreadful urge ta talk in a dreadful southern accent. Or would that be ax-sa-unt?

Yes. I know. I'm certifiable. Get over it already. I have. HAHA. Now I just have a good time with it. *smiles*

Strangely enough, I don't have a clue why I feel like blogging, since I have absolutely nothing of importance to share or record. I really missed doing the Monday Messages this week, but it doesn't feel the same to do it on Tuesday. I guess I could, but again, I'm drawing a blank on what to say. For some reason, on Mondays, I never have that problem.

Seriously, I have nothing new to say. I'm busy. Story of my life. Things just go crazy all the time. This morning I had been at work for an hour when the daycare called and said that K-man was running a temp of 100 and I needed to get there and get him. So I collected some work to take home, ran by the library and borrowed a few kids dvds, and ran by the PO for work and then came and got the K-man and went to the grocery store for some "sick food." Ya know, chicken soup and gatorade. He seems fine though. No fever since I picked him up. Maybe they were just a little wary of any strange behavior simply because the teacher and several other kids were sent home today and word has it that they have strep and ear infections. Uh. Great. I wonder how long I'll get to work tomorrow? And then to top all that off, I finally get home, get our lunch, get him down for a nap and settle in to work and no files showed up in my email that I had sent myself. So I called and had mom run in my office and try to resend the files....no success. And that project was due today. So I spent the afternoon trying to get all that straightened out and the project finished and all that....didn't make it. I ended up taking a nap at one point while waiting on the files to come through. LOL. Can't complain about THAT. Anywho, thankfully my coworker was able to talk to the agency and get the deadline extended until tomorrow, so I finished the ad tonight and hopefully that will be sent in first thing in the morning and I'll be covered. Unless one or both of the kids end up sick tomorrow and I have to miss again. There are limitations to what I can do from home. *sigh* The bad thing is that my throat feels a little achy tonight. NOT GOOD SIGN AT ALL.

Bummer is that I missed the fireworks today at work. Mom told me that while she was trying to get that stuff emailed to me so that I could work on it, Looney Lady struck again. This time she actually made the male instructor that she has the "thing" for (who has a nearly infinite amount of patience with her, which is really amazing) reach the end of that nearly infinite patience when she made some kind of negative references TO HIS FACE about his morals and past behavior. He works down the hall from our offices, so you can usually hear conversations down there pretty well....well, mom said today that the male instructor actually shouted profanities at her, told her to get ******** out of his office, and then slammed his door in her face. WOAH! Mom said LL started to walk off the other direction, then turned around and walked down to mom's door and said very defensively, "____'s having a bad day or ____'s not in a very good mood today" or something like that. ROFL. Of all the nerve. What a nut!

Anywho.

Let's see. I've had some strange dreams again lately. I don't put much weight in the meanings of dreams or anything, but the ones I've had lately have kinda creeped me out in that I don't remember them when I wake up, but through the day random things will trigger a faint impulse that I dreamed about it and that I should remember it, but I don't. Like I was checking in on my myspace today and looked at my friends on their and was looking at this one lady's profile and that faint impulse that I should remember something came back to me out of the blue. It's driving me crazy. And it's not just seeing a picture or a person, it's lots of little things. A line of a song, driving down the road through a certain area....i don't know, it's just weird.

Oh, one thing I have to thank God for....I almost wrecked the car yesterday coming back from lunch. It would have been bad, and I'm just thankful it wasn't. If He hadn't watched out for me though, it could have been. I had looked down just for a second to put my gum in a wrapper to throw it away and looked back up and there was a line of cars stopped in front of me that had been moving and was a good distance ahead just a few seconds before. About three cars up was a car waiting to turn left, but I hadn't seen brake lights or turn signal or anything and I was right on top of them and couldn't stop but at the last minute I knew I was going to hit them and I thought it would be better to take my chances with the ditch so I jerked the wheel and ran off the road and then corrected and straightened the car up and then jerked the car back on the road right in front of the first car in line and right before a fence that was coming up. If that ditch hadn't been fairly level and if I hadn't been able to get control of the car and think fast enough to go into the ditch instead of rear ending the cars in front of me, it would not have been pretty. I was only going about thirty five or forty, but 35-40 hitting a stopped car would have still been fairly unpleasant. I'm just thankful it turned out alright. Not a scratch on the car or anybody else's car, and the ditch was decent enough that it didn't cause any problems to make a little offroading detour. *whew* I said a few prayers of thanksgiving after that little episode. That is, once I got my heart out of my throat.

Well, I can't think of anything else to write about tonight. Seems like I should have lots more to write, given that I still feel the urge to blog -- but since I am stumped on the reason for that, I think I'll go find something more productive to do. Like sleep. haha. or more accurately....read everyone elses blogs....haha.

Later!

4 comments:

  1. I'm SOOOOOOO glad you didn't have an accident yesterday.........because LET ME TELL YA.......those ditches can be PRETTY NASTY LIL' BUGGERS!!!!!!!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it scary to think of what could have happened? I am glad you were OK and nothing happened at all.

    Like the southern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The almost accident reminds me of some days on the way to, or from work. Although I don't think we ever had that close of a call *grin*. What used to crack me up is the way you would throw your arm if front of me. *LOL* Thank the Lord this one wasn't serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Thank the Lord also that you didn't get in an accident. I wouldn't want to know what Casey's reaction might be. You know, the reaction after he realizes that you are okay, then he 'freaks' out like all husbands do!!! But we are glad K-man is doing good.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)