Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tutu Time…

Well, I did it!  I made a tutu.  I was shopping for a gift for Munchkin, who is more than a little obsessed with ballerinas, when I found one of those little one piece leotard thingies that ballerinas wear.  So I thought…hm.  I got it.  And I got the supplies to make a tutu.  Then I decided to get shoes and tights to go with it.  It was supposed to be a frugal gift, but it turned into a really official looking ballerina get-up.  Well, SHE will think it’s official anyway! 

IMG_5344ewebWanna see?  Of course, she hasn’t seen it yet, being as it’s a Christmas gift, but she doesn’t read my blog yet, so I should be safe.  *grin*  I’m pretty pleased with how the ensemble turned out.  I’ll be sure to post a picture of her in it.  I’m sure I’ll have plenty of opportunities to get pictures of her in it since I forsee great difficulty getting her to ever remove it.  LOL!  IMG_5340eweb

Here’s a close-up of the front of it.  It’s not exactly perfect and precisely even, but I think it will be fine.  *grin*  I’m quite sure she’s not going to care. 


IMG_5341ewebIMG_5345ewebAnd of course, the accessories.  I made the hairbows with leftovers from the white tulle roll and a couple ribbon pieces.  They are tied onto some of my hair elastics, so that was free!

Total cost of the handmade part:
approximately $15

Not too bad.  I made it long and a little big so she can use it for longer than a couple months.  Probably have enough left over to make another smaller one, so perhaps $15 is a little much, but whatever.  I’m happy, and I’m pretty sure she will be, too!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:20 PM

    Omigoodness! How cute! Great job Faith ;)
    ~K,Sprinkles~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! I am super impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Faith! I'm sure she'll love it, and then some! Way to go on the frugal and money saving! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. that is great. I would love to be able to do that. she is going to love it. i hope you all have a great Christmas. love ya all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, that is too precious! I too made a few handcrafted gifts this year, but none this cute! LOL No little girls in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a crafty little idea... cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)