Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Really.

ga090706

I think somebody is messing with my brain.  Today IS Monday, right?  Cuz if it isn’t, there is no other reasonable explanation for my day.

I went to the library.  A place where there is more parking than space inside the library.  Only, today, every last parking was full.  And that’s when I realized it must be story time.  And my kids were late for a nap already.  So I drove right on through the parking lot.  Going into a library at storytime and NOT going to storytime is a little bit like taking kids into a toy store with no money.  And if there are sleep issues on TOP of it…well…anyways.  So no library today.

Stopped at the car dealership to see if they had any vans like we’re looking for (yes, I’m a little bummed at making the jump to mini-van mom…not that there is the slightest thing wrong in the world with mini-van moms, I’m just not that far past being the teen in the backseat to feel quite right being the mom in the front…lol…yes, it’s just a frame of mind…I’m working on overcoming it.  And the more wrinkles I find in the mirror, the easier it is, let me tell ya!)……………..ANYWAYS!  So the dealership almost (but not quite) gave me the eye roll when I told them how much we were going to pay for what we wanted.  So I left. 

The pressure washer that belongs to the in-laws that we’re trying to get fixed (the pressure washer, not the in-laws…some things can’t be fixed…LOL…KIDDING!) leaked black gunk all over my trunk.  That was right AFTER I almost killed myself trying to load it in my trunk…ya’ll have any idea how heavy those things are?  Well, I’m wishing I never laid eyes on the thing, much less brought it to our house…I’m having very strong feelings of dislike for it right now.  Especially now that instead of CLEANING things around our house, it’s now made more things DIRTY….

OH WELL.  I’m going to go before my hamburgers BURN.  And no, I’m NOT using the grill.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry, but your brain is messing with you. :oP It is TUES. But I'll not make fun of you b/c for two weeks now I thought the 8th was going to land on today and I've been thinking I had to go to work and to a doc's appt., when in fact, it's not until tomorrow. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to comment on the minivan--my sympathies are with you! But I must say that we took the plunge (http://snotkisses.blogspot.com/2008/12/trek-into-minivanland.html) & I will never again return to the land of SUVs, crossovers & cars as long as I have kids! Not to say I don't still have my moments, but WELL WORTH IT. Once again, my mother was right--shoulda done it sooner. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate days like that, but we live through them and are more thankful for the days that are NOT like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH you are in a whirlwind like me and the moving thing!! Dont feel bad about the dealership guy they all roll there eyes if its not top dollar. Oh and today is tuesday even though to you it feels like monday!! *Grin* See you at church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same thought about the minivan. My mom drives one, she is a grandmother, and even though I drive their van around sometimes, I don't see myself in that. Mariano and I talked about having another child when he gets back Lordwilling.......but he mentioned and I said not until our car that we have crashes and burns!! I love not having a car payment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The VAN - We went to look at some last week . I wanted to get one before vacation . It didn't work out - yet . Sill hoping . Good luck .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I hate Mondays. And I really hate the days that feel like Mondays but aren't. Hope your weeks gotten better :0)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)