Monday, March 02, 2009

Monday Messages: Lions and Such

Dear March,
Well, you know all the old wives tales about thunder in winter and the size of the IMG_3253e2websnowflakes and all, but if all those come true like the one about how you come in like a LION, then I guess in around 10 days we'll get another set of snowflakes.  Hopefully they will be little flakes b/c big flakes mean it's not gonna do much.  Right?  (Munchkin says yeah...and you know...she's the boss. LOL)
Sincerely,
A March Baby
PS Since I was born near the beginning of March, is that why I occasionally have trouble containing my roar?  Too bad I wasn't born near the END of March, because maybe THEN I'd be a little more lamb-like.  LOL!


Dear Munchkin,
Why are you making me read everything I type out loud to you?  (She says "CUZ").  Well, I'm getting ready to write about your tantrum.  Do you still want me to read it out loud?  (She says "YEAH")  Humph.  I guess I'll have to be nice then.  HAHAHAHAHAH.  Can I post the picture of you having your tantrum?  (She says "Yeah" and she's giggling....a side note here to Munchkin's future teenage self....YOU GAVE ME PERMISSION TO POST THIS).

  IMG_3270eweb

Well I'd much rather you act like the NEXT picture instead of the LAST picture!!!!!

IMG_3256eweb

In case you didn't catch that, that was your snow "angel."  And you know, even if angelic behavior isn't involved, happy smiles like the NEXT picture are also pretty satisfactory!!!!

IMG_3242eweb 

And then she disappears.  Anyways, Munchkin, as I was saying (now that I no longer have to read what I type out loud), my apologies on my bad mommy quality of laughing and taking a picture of you when you started whining about the hill.  I told you you were tired.  And you wanted to go again...it's a good thing I didn't listen to you.  Teehehe...I can only imagine the tantrum you'd have thrown the NEXT time we'd have come up that hill.  LOL!  At least the first hour was fun!  And on the bright side, not that I'd ever tell you this in real life until you're old enough to not take it as a challenge, that little fit was NOTHING compared to the fits you used to throw...you're getting better.  LOL!!!!
Love,
Mommy

Dear fellow hill riders,
Sorry if we caused you any undue snow eating....I'm only one adult with two completely inexperience sledders...and okay.  I'm not all that experienced myself.  Not to mention I'm a terrible driver and add to that two kids throwing everything off balance....we weren't intentionally zigzagging through your paths. 
Sincerely,
Hoping we were the only ones who had to eat snow due to my sled steering skills

IMG_3272ewebDear Hill,
Great ride but someone should TOTALLY install a lift here.  My legs are incredibly tired.
Sincerely,
Sore All Over

Dear Place In Our Town Where Hill Is Located, IMG_3254web
I'm sure I speak for all the sledders out today, and definitely for my family, thank you for hosting the best sled hill in our town.  I love that the hill on your campus is open to the public.  It rocks!  Um, but maybe you could consider installing a ski lift...I'd pay to ride it!
Sincerely,
One of the Plastic Sled Riders (or Crashers, as the case may be)

Dear Bloggy People,
In case you were wondering, I am pretty sure that posting on the weekends drives up weekend traffic.  Now this is based on only TWO weekends of weekend posting, but it appears to be directly related.  Try it.  I'd love to know how it turns out for you.  And for you friends of mine in real life who...ahem....rarely blog....forget the weekend posting and JUST POST already.  *GRIN* 
Sincerely,
Your Fellow Blogger


IMG_3273webWhile we're on the subject of traffic, more apologies for un-intentionally stopping traffic (well, more precisely, ONE car...since there wasn't many folks out this morning) when I was trying to take some pictures on my way back from sledding.  And to the white car who IMG_3275webcame up behind me when I was trying to get a cool shot of the snow-covered mountaintops that were visible in the distance, thanks for making me miss that shot.  NOT.  It's not like there was no way to go around me or something.  (rolling eyes)  See?  THERE ARE NO SNOW COVERED MOUNTAINTOPS IN THE BACKGROUND HERE!  UGH.
Sincerely,
Missed The Shot


Dear K-man,
You were SOOO adorable this afternoon.  After we got back this afternoon and had a warm bath and dry clothes and ate lunch, as you were enjoying your hot chocolate and getting ready to fall asleep, you ever so sweetly (and sleepily) said, "Thank you for my drink, Mommy." And when I said "You're welcome," you said, "Thank you for playing in the snow."  No, really, thank YOU, buddy, that just made all that effort totally worth it!
Sincerely,
Wiping Up The Puddle From My Melted Heart


Dear House and Yard,
You look totally different today than you did here.  Thanks for the hours of temporary hiding the mud. *GRIN*
IMG_3279web IMG_3233web
Sincerely,
Needing To Sow Grass


Dear Rochelle
Here you go....a Monday Messages.  Since you requested it, I hereby dedicate this Lions and Such (the "such" being mostly snow related) edition of Monday Messages TO YOU - one of my favorite fellow bloggers!  Have a LOVELY day!  *grin*
Sincerely,

3 comments:

  1. That was cute about the K-man. :) We didn't get near that much snow here, but that looks like alot of fun sledding and I'm glad you got to go and get some pics of the children having a good time. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like ya'll enjoyed the snow . We loved it too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow girl, you guys really did get the snow. Woo Hoo for you!!! The sweet words from the kiddos make a whole lot of stuff worth while. :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)