Thursday, February 26, 2009

Today I...

  • Got out of bed. (Go ahead, laugh, but I feel like that is worthy of listing...especially since I was up twice with the K-man and once just randomly at 4:00.  Do you see a trend?  3:30 a couple of nights ago, 3:45 night before last, and last night it was 4....by my estimation, in approximately 9 days, I will wake up at 6:30 and start my day doing something besides weaseling just 3 more minutes out of the alarm clock.)
  • Ran by the vet to pick up some kitty medicine.
  • Went to lunch with KC.
  • Came home and gave the white and hissing cat (otherwise known as Snowball) a bath.  Actually, two baths, since I washed her in dish soap first and then in kitty shampoo next.  She was NOT a happy camper.  My first clue was the way the water turned yellow the minute I put her in it.  E-yew.  I emptied it and started over.  Thankfully, her bladder was also empty at this point, so I didn't have to worry about a recurrence of that discusting problem.  LOL!
  • Went to pick up the kids.  The kids and I got home and I debated about what to do next.  IMG_3117webI went into my bedroom to take off my wet (thank you, dear cat) clothes when I see the cat.  Still dripdrying.  And where is she choosing to do that????  ON MY PILLOW, of course.   IMG_3116web Not a chance, cat, so I scooped her up and took her to the bathroom and shut the door (the kids had to join me so picture the three of us plus cat in the 3x6 bathroom).  I pull out the hairdryer, hand it to the Munchkin and I hold the cat and we blow her dry with only a few growls from kitkat.  I lifted her up to dry her belly and Munchkin shields her eyes and gasps, "MOM.  We can't SEE that!!!"  ROFL.  Being recently groomed, her hair is pretty short under there, she does look rather naked.  BWAHAHA.  Anyways, the cat is nice and fluffy and soft now and only glares at me whenever I cross her field of vision.  Teehehe!
  • Put play shoes (aka: muddy shoes for our mudpit of a backyard) on the  kids and headed outdoors to enjoy the 65 degree weather.  They played for TWO hours in the single tower that is currently the only functional part of the playground (pictures at the end of this post).   I heard something about dancing ballerinas (Munchkin) and building a fire (K-man, and yes, it was pretend...I know...I checked...LOL) and they were using the play food plates to haul dirt....and I bit my tongue and let them get absolutely filthy.  Mostly because I remember doing much similar things when I was their age and I'd hate to deprive them of those kinds of memories.  *grin*  IMG_3114webPlus, I was busy hauling the leftover wall blocks from their original location in the driveway to the top of the hill next to the play area.  Which leads me to my next bullet point:
  • Nearly broke my back.  Or more appropriately "nearly finished it off" since I  STARTED moving that pile (pictured to the right) yesterday.  Let me put it this way, I'm not sure of the weight of a single block, but I would venture to say it weighed more than Munchkin (35 pounds).  I'm thinking maybe TWO Munchkins.  MAYBE.  I definitely have a new appreciation for the work it took to do that wall.  Total blocks moved between the two days = 28.  I'm thinking I will either be in a wheelchair or flexing my newly developed muscles sometime in the next few days...perhaps both. 
  • Am going to finish off the evening vegging on the couch.  With Tylenol.  And perhaps a glass of milk with a carton of Oreos.  We won't even talk about the last carton of Oreos which I almost singlehandedly polished off in a matter of hours.  Two words: COMFORT FOOD!!!!

Have a lovely and pain-free evening.  I plan to do the former, but the latter is a little iffy.
 
PS: the pictures....first, this is the retaining wall, and up there behind it is the pile of leftover block that nearly did me in, along with the sole functional tower that the kids were playing on, and the slides and swings that are waiting for the set up to be arranged.  Please don't ask me if I tried to go ahead and move the tower there into place.  Please don't even ask me if I was able to budge it.  I don't know how I know this, but it's a lot heavier than it looks.
               IMG_3115web

Next up: This would be the currently UN-functional part of the playground.  Back behind it, you can see the other end of the retaining wall and the back end of the pick-up truck (which is real handy for scale).  Also behind the wall, you can see the neighbors yard and the hill which I traipsed up no less than 15 times today.
               IMG_3111web

And just for random-ness, here's a picture I like to call, Dust On The Keyboard.
               IMG_3121web
At least, we'll call it dust.  There is no way in this world it could possibly be Oreo Crumbs. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow. You must've been energetic today...looks good. Hope your grass grows in quick this summer. Oreos are a weakness of mine too so I can sympathize with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Oh, and Snowball looks sparkling white! :) I don't think she appreciated it though from the aggravated look on her face... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are nuts...but I love you...wall looks really good, and I'm sure the kids are going to love their playground!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your post this morning. Munchkin's comment about the cat's belly cracked me up. And your yard is really starting to take shape. It looks great. Your picture makes your yard look bigger than I remember. Did you all take any trees down to expand?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the yard!!! Looks really nice!! All I can say about the playground equipment is I am praying of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you lifted those?? :-O

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)