Thursday, February 12, 2009

Complete Randomosity

I totally made that word up.  I was tired of using Random-NESS.  Of course, this means that my spellchecker will be mad and underline that word for the duration of this post...and also the word spellchecker b/c that must be a "faith" word, too.  LOL.

Anyways.  On to the randomosity.  And by the way, in Faith-world, that word means random (well, you know that part) plus -osity, which according to yourdictionary.com means "the quality of being (as specified)" which in my weird little brain makes perfect sense and why isn't that a real word?  Because randomosity should be the quality of being random.  Duh.  And we won't even TALK about the meaning of THAT word...which I did NOT make up.

SO.  Worked on the kids valentines for their classes at school today.  Well, I worked on it yesterday and today...and the day BEFORE yesterday, too.  ANYWAY.

Valentine2 copyValentine1 copy

K-man's is the giraffe because he LOVES giraffe and takes giraffe just about everywhere, so all the kids know K-man and Giraffe.  And by the way, K-man loved these valentines and thought it was SO cool that they matched his Giraffe.  LOL.  It takes so little in life to make them happy (sometimes). 

Munchkin's is the bird...just cuz I liked it and thought it was cute.  And then here they are with the candy attached.

           IMG_3083web IMG_3085web 

K-man's have suckers and Munchkin's have purple wrapped tootsie rolls.  I think they turned out cute.  And grand total spent was $0 (or really close to that, since it was just a couple of sheets of cardstock and a little bit of printer ink) for the cards and less than $5 for all the bags of candy.  Since I had a bag and a half left over, I'd say it was probably more like $3 for the candy. 

So tomorrow these get to go along to the valentine party.  Munchkin signed her own name on them.  I had to dot them for her, but she is almost to the point where she can actually write her full name by herself now.  And it's pretty legible...(praise God!  Now, if she can just learn what the letters she's writing ARE, maybe we'll be getting somewhere...hehe).

I sold a pastel toy organizer on craigslist today...that was nice.  I wish it hadn't been pastel or I would have been able to use it in K-man's room, but unfortunately it was...so now it's gone and I need to go buy some baskets for the munchkin's closet.  (Can we say utter chaos from where I dumped her toys out of the bins to sell them?)

Had a visit from K-man's social worker today, too.  I found out that the two kids we kept last fall (those couple of days that absolutely wiped me out) have been moved again because the other family that took them couldn't handle the two of them plus their own two either.  And they are in a children's home now because there are no open placements to put them together in the county....and it seems they will not be going back to parents.  I'm really sad that it doesn't seem to have worked out for them.  They can't separate them and I can't handle having four kids the same age (yes, I am a total wimp) but it breaks my heart that they are having to live in a group home.  Social worker said they probably won't have any trouble adopting them out though since they're young and once they're free, can go anywhere in the US.  Anywho. IMG_6954web

For less depressing things, I took family pics for a family at church today.  I have only edited two pics (what with the valentines, the social worker visit, cooking supper, etc) so this is a SNEAK sneak-peek.  LOL.

And on that note, I'm off to work on more editing. 

Later, mater.

 

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job on those valentines! One of the blessings of now having a Junior Higher is no need for valentines! WHEW!

    Still needed to do them with my daughter but my MIL took pity on me this year and bought a box for her and even a bag of candy to attach to them! Being in the 5th grade she IS old enough to do her own writing so I really lucked out this year.

    You mention a social worker. I'm assuming you are foster parents? What an incredible blessing and ministry that must be to the little ones in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kid's valentines! You did an awesome job! (As always.) :o)

    My aunt uses Craig's List too. I'll have to give it a try. Do you prefer it over ebay?

    Love the family picture. Again, job well done. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the best pictures of Ryan I have seen in a long time. He was really hamming it up for you! He looks like such a big boy!
    Love Ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your valentines ! So creative ! Carter has been writing his name too . He only put C's on some of his Valentines . ( He had just got his cast off that day . )

    The pictures are great . Have a nice weekend !

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)