Monday, September 22, 2008

The Great Cake Adventures....and other things I've been doing besides blogging

Wow. How did it get to be Monday again. So much for blogging every day for a week. Guess I'll try again this week. LOL.

Last week....vacation just got in the way...of everything. Haha....not that I'm complaining, cuz it was really nice to get away by ourselves. First time we've taken a trip since we had kids....man alive, the packing was SOOO simple. Hahaha. Not anything like a trip with toddlers when you have to be prepared for anything and everything. *grin*

Anywho, speaking of toddlers, one of them has a birthday next week and because of schedule conflicts....everyone's gonna be out of town next weekend...we decided to have his party tonight.

I spent all day trying to get everything ready, and everything went pretty smoothly....got the last bit of things I needed to do the cake and got home, baked the cake, figured out how I was going to set it up, got it iced, etc. Then it happened. I had bought a tube of icing, knowing I had decorator tips at home. So I go to get the decorator tips out and try to screw it on the tube of icing....no can do. It's the exact same size as the tube tip and will not even come close to screwing over it.

Well. There's more than one use for electrical tape that just happened to be lying on my counter.... Yep, you guessed it.
I taped those two together and iced on....

What can I say...I'm a genius!

Cake in progress

The final product

The awestruck K-man, who stood in this position gazing at it for the longest time...


And then on to the other things I've been doing besides blogging. LOL.

Let's see....we drove up to Cincinnati to Kings Island:

The coasters here were almost enough to make me quit riding coasters...even the steel ones were so jerky they made us sore. However, after the cheezy bumper cars, I quickly decided I'd take sore and thrilling. HAHA. We did find a gem in the Flight of Fear....indoor coaster. It was in this building and it didn't look like a big building and we thought it was some kind of 3D Virtual Reality ride, but we went in and there were coaster cars. So we got in...still expecting some easy ride, and when it started, it shot you out of the station at like 80 mph and into this dark tunnel. TOTALLY unexpected. And then what was even more nuts was that the whole thing was like being in this tunnel that never ended...you could see a little bit of light on the tracks as you were going around every now and then, but it was mostly darkness. And it was probably the smoothest ride there. FUN.
Overall, it was a good visit, but I'm glad we got in for $15 and not $45 or whatever that the regular day rates were. There were NO lines and even though we had tickets for 5-10pm, we were finished all we had the energy to ride by 8pm.



That tall thing was our other favorite ride: Kings Island Drop Tower....275ft in the air and it rotated all the way around all the way up....so fun...
The above picture was taken from the top of this replica of the Eiffel Tower (in the next picture) which was like 295 ft....so yeah, when we were at the top of the drop tower and it dropped us, we were very nearly dropping from the height at which we took the picture of it. I'm not positive, but I'm PRETTY sure, it's quite a bit higher than Carowinds Drop Zone. It felt like we were never going to stop falling.



Then from there, drove into Indiana to go to our friend's wedding.



Indiana: Miles and miles of "children of the corn" scenes.....

Our friend's wedding:

Isn't the tree lovely? LOL. This was the view from where we were sitting....but it's probably a good thing we were sitting in the back....since we (and the folks with us) kept finding things humorous and spent a good part of the ceremony hiding our laughter. Not that the ceremony was funny, mind you, it was beautiful, ya just gotta understand, the NC clowns on the back row had a very unique view of things. Which was why we had to keep hiding our smiles....from the "sunrise" to the "sunset" (LOL!!!)

Visiting at the reception

Mr. & Mrs.

I was bad and didn't get my camera out any other time during the reception. Oh well.

That was pretty much the gist of our weekend....9 hours of driving and few fun things and then another 9 hours. I took my computer, but didn't have net access 2 nights and didn't feel like trying to figure out how to get it....I also took G's pictures but didn't get a chance to edit any of those either. On my to-do list. Along with a million an one other things. *SIGH* I will SO GET TO IT.

But for tonight, I'm gonna call it a night before it becomes morning and go get some sleep.

Later!

5 comments:

  1. glad you both had a great time. looks like it was fun. we missed you all. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! You did a wonderful job on the cake !
    I'm glad ya'll had a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl the cake is so awesome!!! You did an amazing job. Glad you had a great vacation. It's awesome to just get away from everyone for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cake! You know how I feel about John Deer...so I may have to keep that cake design in mind for the future. :o) Did you make it up with your creative mind? Drop Zone...I DON"T THINK SO! Glad you enjoyed it though. And waht a Beautiful/Handsom couple! Thanks for sharing the photos. I haven't seen Roland since he was a little kid...back in '93.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)