Sunday, July 08, 2007

Testimonies, Cravings, and other some such....

Hold on. I can't blog without going and getting a lovely massive bowl of Edy's Fully Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.....and a Dr. Pepper. Terrible, these addictions of mine.

Be right back.

Kay. I'm back. I had to get a plate cuz all the bowls are dirty. That says a lot for how many bowls I have dirtied with ice cream since I emptied all 10 of them out of the dishwasher yesterday morning. LOL. In my defense, however, I do live in a house with 3 other people now. Although only one other one besides me is allowed to have ice cream. The kids have too much energy already without adding a sugar high to the mix. Haha!

I grabbed my camera and went and took a couple of pics of my finished decorated skirt. I need to go grab those off the camera really quick. I thought about taking a picture of my plate of ice cream, but it's rather embarrassing and I thought better of that. (PS For the record, my KC, who happens to enjoy large portions of ice cream himself, actually raised his eyebrows after looking at my plate.....if that tells you anything. Hehehe) Have I mentioned that I've finally been able to gain back almost all of the 10 pounds that I lost several months ago when I was sick? Yep. Fifty zillion bowls of ice cream later, I've finally gained 6 pounds. I'm now a whoppin' 129 (according to the scales in my darlin hubby's bathroom....which are not known for their accuracy, but at least it's in the ball park). Oh well. Anywho....now that I've made you hate me (please don't, cuz it's not my fault, it's just how God made me....*GRIN*) I'll stop talking about my weight. Hehe!

Just a minute while I go dig those pictures off my camera! (And have another couple....or five...of bites of YUMMY cookie dough.....*blissful sigh*)

Okay. So they're loading up. The pictures....not my spoon. (HEH!) I'm such a nut. Sorry.

(Click on them to see them bigger)
Left is the detail on one of the pockets and right is the skirt folded so you can see the hem and the pocket decor. It was my own pattern (just putting together some of the stitches from this little how to book from walmart), but I got the idea from this blog called My Pink Shoe (and one of the actual skirts that hooked me was in this post!). Anyways. My design isn't quite as bold, but I still like it and maybe I'll get bolder as I go. *GRIN* I'm on skirt number two now, with a few more alterations in the works. My fingers are getting sore though. The girl on that website charges $60 bucks for the embroidery decorated skirts. I can totally understand it! WHOO. It's tough sewing through the denim. Oh well. Anyways.

Tonight was a testimony night at church. It was SO cool. I was terribly impressed that I actually got to LISTEN to the five different testimonies b/c the kids (both of them) were amazingly well behaved the whole service. Only a couple of minor little things and nothing anywhere NEAR the drama of this morning's service. *shuddering* That was pretty rotten. She got herself so worked up b/c she didn't want to be in time-out over whatever thing that she had done (I don't even remember now...it wasn't that big of a deal....I think b/c she started kicking and throwing a fit in the service so I took her out....and then it was ON!) Heavens! Drama! That's all I'm going to say about that. She was for sure stepping all over my last nerve by the end of her fit! Naptime could not come soon enough for me. LOL. HER naptime I mean. hahaha.

Ahem. I almost choked on a chocolate chip. Hehe. Death by ice cream. *GRIN* But what a way to go! LOL. I'm better now though.

Anyways, the testimony service was great. It was a little different than the usual people just standing up as they feel led, instead it was a couple of people that were asked ahead of time to give their personal testimonies of their lives up to the time they became a Christian and how God worked in their lives. One of them especially was interesting. It was this older lady at church (88 to be exact) and she is just the sweetest thing ever, and I think most of what she said about her life and how she came to truth and got saved was news to me. It was really cool. They were all good though.

I hope I'm not asked though. If I am, all I'll have to do is tell everybody they can go read my blog. Haha. Everything you (N)ever wanted to know about my life and then some is all here. But then again, maybe I wouldn't want some people to know about it. *grin* It's already amazing me how many people are talking to me in real life about something they saw or read on my blog. *GRIN* Kinda cool and kinda skeery all at the same time. LOL. (Love you guys and hope I don't *bore/scare/offend.../insert appropriate verb here* ya'll too badly! *smiles*)

Back to the testimony service: Bouncer told KC after a couple of them had finished that he wanted to give HIS testimony. KC said okay and took him up to the front and told everyone that he tried to talk the bouncer into waiting until other people could be there but bouncer insisted that he had to do it tonight. KC also said a few nice things about the bouncer, including a disclaimer statement ("I have no idea what will come out") and then asked bouncer (who was alternating between shyness and wanting to talk in the mic) if he was ready to say what he wanted to say about his life (which is what he said he wanted to do back in the pew). He said he'd have to think about it and KC told him he had 30 seconds to think about it. LOL. One thing about it.....I think he's finally understanding that when KC says something, he means business b/c he started talking in about 15 seconds. *GRIN* It was enough to make you cry though. He said that his real dad whooped him a lot. He said he was taken away from his other family and he thought they probably missed him, and then he said, "that's all I have to say for right now. I have a lot more but it would probably take me sixteen days to say it all." Everyone kinda chuckled and he was like...."I'm not kidding. It would!" LOL. It was funny.

And the munchkin was real sweet tonight and wanted to pray in our family prayer before bed. Usually she says she wants to but then when we say to go ahead, she gets shy and says no. So tonight....(let me see if I can type out how she says it and then translate)

"Dea hea ey fawer Gaw ank you cuch ech ame AMEN.
(It was short tonight).

Translated: Dear heavenly father, God, thank you church.....um not sure, but maybe "in Jesus name"? AMEN.

She was just lovely for the rest of the afternoon after her nap. Well, lovely as it gets anyways. *grin* I'm sure getting tired of the sibling junk that I have to listen to all the time. And I would leave them to it, but then bouncer manipulates munchkin (kinda like takin candy from a baby) and if you don't watch her, she'll retaliate physically and we are trying to teach her not to do that. Ugh. It just gets really frustrating. Oh, but I figured out today how to make bouncer stop with the endless questions........

Typical conversation:
B: Can I play on the computer now?
Me: Not right now.
B: Why?
Me: It's almost time for supper.
B: But don't we have time to play for a minute first?
Me: No. It's almost time to eat.
B: How much time is left before we eat?
Me: Just a minute, bouncer.
B: How many minutes?
Me: BOUNCER! It's going to take a lot more minutes if you don't quit distracting me with all these questions!

NEW conversation:
B: Can I play on the computer now?
Me: Not right now.
B: Why?
M: It's almost time for supper.
B: But don't we have time to play for a minute first?
Me: Why do you want to play first?
B: Because!
Me: Because why?
B: B/c I haven't got to play any today.
Me: Why haven't you got to play any today?
B: I haven't had time.
Me: Why haven't you had time?
B: I just haven't. STOP ASKING ME SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!!
Me: Why do you want me to stop asking questions? Where do you think I learned to ask questions? Who else asks a lot of questions around here? Huh? Do you think I need a talk time out?
B: YES!

ROFL! He finally got mad after one conversation like that, that he said he was going to his room. *grin* And we do it so calmly like we're having a regular conversation. He can't STAND it being turned around on him. Hehehe.

Ugh. So I totally don't understand why the spacing on these posts goes funky when you add pictures. It's driving me crazy. Speaking of crazy, it's 11:04 and tomorrow goes back to our usual routine of dropping the kids off at school and heading into work, and that happens really early, so I need to head out.

bjvb;la;fv4f` j j (that was KC tryin to erase this) and he made me take this paragraph out. LOL. Now that you're dying to know what that was about, I'm going to bed. ROFL!

Later.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy I inspired you! I love your cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the skirt! Clay's neighbor did something similiar to one of her skirts and I thought it was beautiful. I want to learn! :o) You amaze me at the things you get done and being so busy in the meantime. Hopefully I'll learn how to get things done in a timely fashion B4 the kids come along. *lol*

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)