Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Guess what....I just realized that today is Thursday. I'm sure this is probably the most original thursday thirteen ever, but I think I'll just start this post with a Thirteen Things I'm Thankful For.....

1. I'm definitely thankful to be alive.
2. I'm thankful for God and His Son
3. I'm thankful that God allowed me to be part of His family.
4. I'm thankful for my handsome hubby....he's just awesome.
5. I'm thankful that my handsome, awesome hubby grew a mustache and goatee just b/c he knows how much I like it. Wasn't that sweet? I love that! Plus he's totally sexy with it....not that he wasn't before, of course. LOL.
6. I'm thankful that we are going to be foster parents...and hopefully someday permanent parents.
7. I'm thankful I'm only 23 and I still have a lot of life ahead of me (I hope).
8. We live in an awesome house that doesn't need a whole lot of repairs constantly....thats wonderful!
9. We are pretty healthy for the most part....I really don't think we truly appreciate that as much as we should. 10. We have been blessed with good jobs and good vehicles to get there.
11. We have loving parents and both sets are still together. I think both of our siblings got sidetracked somewhere, but I guess I can be thankful we at least HAVE siblings. LOL.
12. I'm thankful for this blog...my favorite place to vent, ramble, etc....and also meet new friends...especially the ones who post comments that make me laugh. You know who you are. =)
13. and last but certainly not least....I'm thankful for EVERYTHING. Even the bad, b/c there is always good that comes out of it...somewhere. =)

I could go a lot farther than thirteen, but I think #13 pretty much wraps it up. LOL.


thanksgivingdinnerAnyways. so thanksgiving went well....we went to my inlaws this afternoon and she fixed a very delicious meal for us (see, I'm saying that and she doesn't even read this blog, so you know I'm not just saying it....LOL.) She actually did very good...she fixed enough for the four of us and that was it. There was plenty to fill us up, but you know how thanksgiving dinners usually go....so many leftovers you can eat until Christmas and still throw some away...haha. But she did good, only leftovers for maybe one more meal.

And I made my famous pumpkin roll (straight out of the Betty Crocker Cookbook...but its famous b/c its a complicated feat that I actually get to turn out properly...HA!). pumpkinroll2And just this last time of making it, I figured out the TRICK to making it come out in one piece without using the icing to stick it back together after it fell apart (LOL...too bad I didn't take pictures of the first efforts...that would have been funny!). So I was looking at my pan before I got started, thinking...hmm...what in the world could I use to keep it from sticking...b/c that is ALWAYS where the ONLY problem happens...pumpkinroll1when its time to pop it out of the pan....it just doesn't "POP!" It usually requires scraping and "plopping." So the trick is something that I remember mom doing many moons ago when she was baking....wax paper. It worked wonders! See? It was so perfect. I hated to cut it. *sigh* Oh well.

And that lovely piece of artistic pumpkin roll wasn't the only thing that got accomplished this morning either. kidsroom1 Check out the progress on our lovely kids room. I actually ironed the valances and *nagged KC (*according to KC...of course, I wasn't really nagging...LOL) into hanging the curtain rod for me this morning. kidsroom3
The crib is still lacking a few things...like the third rail and...the part that holds the mattress...not to mention the mattress itself (minor details) but the room is definitely coming along nicely. kidsroom2kidsroomlamp
KC's mom gave us this lamp that looks adorable with the bumble bee stuff and the silver drawer hardware matches the curtain rod. ....Ahh...so coordinated. I love it! Still a few things we need to pick up, but we're getting there.

Speaking of shopping, I really have lost my mind now...I can't believe I actually agreed to this, but I told KC I'd get up with him at 3:30 in the morning and go stand in line to get some "deals" in Hickory on the day after thanksgiving. I think we're both crazy b/c I hate crowds and Hickory is terrible for this small town chick anyways, much less during the crazy frenzy on the day after thanksgiving. Yep. Stupid. I'm sure the fact that he promised we could also go to at least 2 of the three craft stores while we're there didn't have a bit to do with me agreeing to go. Nope. Not in the least. LOL. Well, I'll let you know if I survive. In the meantime, I need to be hitting the sack. Its ten and three-thirty is going to come mighty early. *sigh*

Later!

2 comments:

  1. the room is looking great!!!

    I *need* and *must have* the pumpkin roll recipe!! Will you be my best friend and email it to me, please, pretty please????

    Did you get any deals? Was it worth getting up at 3:30 IN THE MORNING!!!!?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. This room is looking so cute. I love it! So, did ya get any good deals? Was it worth it? I was going to get up but decided sleep was more important.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)