Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday!

Saw a topic over on SJ from Beth and thought I'd use it here.

If you could reinvent yourself, what traits would you take away and give yourself? Who would you become?

Okay.....you've probably figured out which one I'm gonna list first that I'd take away....the procrastination thing. Next would be my impatience and my clutziness (definitely get rid of those), and maybe that whole "innocent thing" that tends to get me in trouble. After that, I don't know. I kind of like myself except for a few random traits already mentioned. Not in a stuck on myself, cocky, kind of way, but in a "happy to be in my own skin" kinda way. I don't think I'd do a very good job of becoming and trying to be someone else. Really....I've spent 23 years trying to figure out how to be who I've turned into (my mom...LOL...JUST KIDDIN...that hasn't happened yet, although I have heard select statements pop unexpectedly out of my mouth and freak me out at random moments...LOL) so why would I want to start the process again? No thanks. I would really like to add a few traits though....like a little bit more musical talent, particularly piano and voice, and maybe a little extra creativity.

Funny thing is, I can and am working on those traits I wanna get rid of...but those I want to add...well, they're the kind you're either born with or you're not (pretty much anyways) and I've done about all I can do to improve what I WAS born with. Oh well.

I'm feeling rather retrospective today. I think it started when I tried to figure out if I was forgetting anything....cuz I almost always do...but then once I get started down memory lane, I have a hard time backing up (hehehehe....I really shouldn't laugh here, since the damages of my backing up issues haven't been paid for yet...but....hehehehe anyways). Anyways...I was driving to work this morning and I guess it was just because my mind was thinking in the past tense, but I drove by the airport road and had instant flashbacks. I really thought I was finally getting past those...but when I realized where my mind was wandering to, I pulled it back to the present where it belongs. Sometimes I just shake my head at myself. I'd be a lot happier if I could just forget some things. But no...she forgets her glasses, her phone, all these important things, and remembers other things. I'm shaking my head at myself now. LOL. *siiiiiigh*

Here's a card I did yesterday for my really good friend (who doesn't read this blog, so I'm safe). This isn't a great picture, but I love how the card turned out in real life. I'm gonna make some more of these with different colors....the idea came from my last issue of PaperCrafts...I modified it a bit (of course) but the idea is the same. =)

Might post later on this weekend, if I have internet access at my grandma's house. If not, then have a great weekend and you'll see me when ya see me. And this post is long enough...so....

LATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)