Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Day!!

Well, I have never been so happy to be back home as I was tonight.  We probably did stupid when we decided to sled down our driveway in our VAN and try to make it to the extended family Christmas Dinner on KC’s side.  Well, we got there and back, but the roads were NOT cleared and I had serious doubts about the whole thing MORE than once.  Like when it took us 45 minutes to get our van out of our driveway.  And when we almost IMG_5316ewebslid off the road getting to their house and then when it was time to leave, we couldn’t get out of their driveway…and about six of us pushed the car up the driveway to the road.  And then when we made it back to OUR driveway, and couldn’t get back up it and had to park at the bottom…after several tries to get it pulled up the hill enough to be off the road.  Yeah.  My nerves are a little tense tonight.  And one thing I WON’T miss about this house is the driveway!!  LOL!

Today in the snow was fun though.  Here are some pictures…

First, I have to share a couple from yesterday…K-man and Munchkin were ENTHRALLED!  K-man was the only one up when I was taking pictures, Munchkin was still napping, and then my camera died, but they were cracking me up looking out the window.  To quote K-man: “It’s BOOO-tiful, Mom!”

Here he is looking out the window (and giant stuffed Curious George is beside him on the floor):
IMG_5299eweb

“Hey, George, LOOK at the SNOW!  Here let me SHOW you!  Look out the window, George!”

IMG_5302ewebThe final outcome of all the snow…final accumulation around 11-12 inches.
IMG_5332ewebSledding: IMG_5329ewebIMG_5331eweb
Ummmm….KC, I think the sled is supposed to be under you…you’re about 90 degrees off….ROFL! 

Building Frosty:IMG_5326ewebIMG_5327eweb

And our yard after we built the snowman (a process that included a decline into a snowball fight which ended in the parents tussling and snow down MY snowsuit…and a kiss and make up moment before getting back to snowman business).  We tussled in a complete circle around that one little patch of snow…how odd.  haha.
IMG_5321eweb

Well, KC has gone to bed, so I’m gonna hop off here.  Night!


PS this is the new house we’re in negotiations on…it’s a foreclosure and it’s yet to be determined if they will come close enough to our price range for us to buy it or not.  Since it’s still ONLY a possibility, these pictures are not public.  If you are curious and want to see it and you’re not a creepy stalker (LOL) then email me and I can add you to the list.  As I said, it’s totally just a possibility at this point so I’m trying not to get my hopes up. 

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Sounds like you had as much fun as I did. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad u had such a fun time in the snow!...so did we. That's great news about the house and it's okay if u don't get ur hopes up...I will 4 u! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sled not being under Bro KC cracked me up!!! Um...picture for new choir CD maybe???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog design, it's beautiful! Looks like ya'll had fun in the snow. K-Man is so cute looking out the window. I love the new house pictures, hope this one works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KC...hilarious!
    I'm with Casey.
    I vote for the choir CD cover!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)