Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Messages

Dear Monday,
I'm so tired and worthless today that I don't even feel like writing. But I will. Because I'm not a quitter. Even though sleep is really sounding good right about now.
Truly,
Sleepy

Dear Hair,
I think it is interesting to note that you are still falling out at a rate that is...yes...still alarming. Considering that I emptied the animal from my trash can last week and a new one is rapidly forming, I am giving serious thought to another doctor visit. I will wait a few weeks while I keep trying the other things that my wonderful blog readers suggested. I think I've reached the end of all the suggestions, so now I guess I'll wait and see if any of them worked. Changed shampoo - CHECK. Taking hair and nail vitamins - CHECK. Get a trim (actually they layered it to make it look fuller but it still feels really thin even though it looks a little better now) - CHECK. Possible iodine deficiency...read a book about it and taking supplements to see what happens - CHECK. Taking a multivitamin - CHECK. So come on now, hair. How bout sticking around for a few more years, huh?
Sincerely,
The Head You're Supposed to Stay Attached To

Dear Camera,
I will get all those un-downloaded pictures off of you very soon. I hope. And maybe they will even make it to the blog. Maybe.
The Shutter-Bug

Dear internets,
I found lots of fun stuff this week....for instance....did you know that if you subscribe to a bunch of blogs in Google reader, you can put a 'next' button in your bookmarks at the top of your browser and every time you hit it, it goes to the newest post in your subscriptions? Not only that, but directly to the blog post so no more having to click over to make comments. AND it marks it as read in your subscription list. How cool is that? Here's where I found out about that nifty little trick...they can tell you how to do it, too! And get this...when you hit the 'next' button and you have no more new posts to read, you find the end of the internet!!!!! I didn't even KNOW there was an end to the internet. Hahaha. Pretty funny, that. Then I spent more time reading about home management notebooks on one of my new favorite sites (simple mom) and thought about the fact that I should totally be more organized. *SIGH* THEN, I checked my email and found one of those cooking newsletters with a yummy sounding recipe. So I added it to this weeks menu and tried it tonight. And it was so good, that I'm going to add it to my recipe box as soon as I publish this post. Oh and yesterday I spent a zillion a few hours checking out a top quality free blogger template site (at least I haven't found any secretly downloaded viruses attacking my computer YET) and then picked one out for KC's friend because KC asked me to....and then I re-wrote (or copy/pasted, as the case may be...hey, that STILL REQUIRES TALENT, let me tell ya!) about half of the code to make it blogger fonts & colors compatible so that KC's friend could just "plug and play." Yes...I'm so nice.
And really....I could go on forever (wanna hear about worm farms? surfed by some interesting posts on THAT, too....LOL!)...the internet has been SOOO intriguing this week. But I'll stop. Sleep calleth. So, my dear internets. Go forth and click.
Love,

3 comments:

  1. Dear Fath-
    Happy Monday. Maybe if we combine our energies, we have just enough to make it through the day.

    Hey, have you ever considered giving "classes" (on your blog) on "how to" change one's HTML coding for one's headers? :o) Like a once a week or once a month thing? Just a thought. Your so good at it. I try reading the google/blogger help things and feel more confused than before I read them. *lol*

    Your Friend,
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jules,
    Perhaps combining energies would be a good thing. LOL!

    And yes, actually while I was working on the code Sunday, it crossed my mind that there is a pathetic amount of helpful hacks for amateur coders like myself, so perhaps I SHOULD consider writing or doing some kind of tutorials....from one amateur to another...LOL! I'll keep ya posted on that. *GRIN*

    Your friend,
    Always.Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. Good ideas. Sorry about your hair.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)