Monday, February 16, 2009

Gone And Done It

Well.  Little me has been searching craigslist for a good deal on some backyard play equipment and yesterday just before church, I hopped on there and plugged in my search criteria and it came up with one that had just been posted.  It was way out of our price range, but they said they were moving and needed to get rid of it, so make an offer.  So I showed it to KC and he said offer X dollars and if they would go for it, we'd take it. 

SO I type out this email and send it:

RE: Playset/Clubhouse For Sale

Just wondering if you still have it.  We are a foster home and looking for something to put in the backyard for the kids to play on.  If you still have it, would you consider taking $X for it?  I am sure it is worth much more than that, but we just can't swing more than $X right now.  Please let me know either way.  Thanks!

3ka3o03l9ZZZZZZZZZ92e544380685ad818deYou know, I'm not really expecting much since they JUST posted it and I'm sure it is worth way more than we could offer for it, 3k23m43oaZZZZZZZZZ92e8487efe689441503so they will probably want to wait for a better offer.  I mean, look at it: (these are the pictures from the listing)

Not even 10 minutes later, they emailed back and said call, we'll take that.  So when I call and talk to the guy and his wife, kinda amazed that they is willing to take what we offered because it was several hundred less than they were asking, and he says...yeah.  I really liked your email. 

I didn't write it that way to get a break, I was just trying to explain why we weren't offering what it was worth so it wouldn't offend anyone if they absolutely didn't want to accept a low offer.  Know what I mean?  Anyways.  Thank the Lord, it must have been Him working it out, but I'm excited.  And now we have to figure out how to haul it back here and get it in the yard....

It's 3 stories.  3 slides.  7 swings.  2 towers.  This thing is gargantuan.  And it's like an hour away from us, but it's worth it and the kids are SUPER excited.  LOL!

"PLAYGROUND!!!!!!  Can we play on it?  Can we play on it, mom?  When it be here?  Now?  Is it in the backyard?  PLAYGROUND!!!!!  I want to play!" 

LOL!

I'll post more pics when we get it here and figure out how we're going to fit it in our backyard.  LOL!

drawnwebAnd in other stuff, M was here today for math and her dad and a couple of guys are building the stone wall in the backyard, so she was hanging out til they got done so her dad could take her home....

So we played around with some of the edits I was working on from last week's session....isn't this effect rather neat?  LOL.  I liked it. 

There's a few more on the photography site

I think that's it.  Menu will have to wait this week since tonight is going to be spent trying to haul back the ginormous playground.  LOL! 

Later!

7 comments:

  1. They'll love that. They'll be miserably tired after you let them play on that awhile...:) Poor things....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome playset for $X!! That's totatlly cool and I'm sure your kids will ENJOY it greatly. glad it worked out for you guys. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool - Kelly and I have looked at some listings for used play equipment but never found anything worth while. I have tried to offer less for products in retail stores before - sometimes you can save 20-30% just by asking and/or offering less. They mark things way up and if they are hurting for a sale, they will negotiate. I'll have to remember this for Craig's List - thanks for the reminder. This economy should offer more great deals like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the kids will have a ton of fun on their new swing set !

    We bought Carter one last year - he loves it ! His Daddy had a lot of fun getting it assembled ! LOL ! It's also a tax deduction since I babysit - Yeah !

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH! What fun will be had at your place! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I come play too? LOL I always think about going downstairs at church when they say its time for "children church."

    I'm sure your kiddos will enjoy and I bet you will too.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not super excited in picking it up, nor reassembling it. But I hope our kiddos get hours of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)