Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Know, I Know

It's totally not like me to go this long without posting.  I apologize, but really, it's been for your benefit.  I haven't had anything to blog about without just being a real downer, so I just haven't posted. 

And still it goes on, so I probably shouldn't be here now, but I am.  Oh well. 

So I flipped out last week because I had this terrible pain in my stomach and I was afraid it was appendicitis, so I called KC, who rushed home from work and took me to the ER. 

It wasn't appendicitis.  And I just love how ER procedure works...they did a CT scan and told me I had a cyst but that wasn't what was causing the pain, here have a pill and follow up with your doctor in 1-2 days. 

So lah lah lah.  I did.  The doctor told me the rest of the stuff the ER didn't tell me...like I had an infection and my gall bladder looked unusual and needed to be checked.  So Doc sent me back to the hospital (the outpatient xray department) to get an ultrasound of my gall bladder and they call today and I have gall stones.  Which could be the cause of the nausea, vomiting, pain, etc. etc.  Lovely.  And I get to go have aNOTHER test done on Thursday...this one will take like two hours and I can't eat or drink anything after midnight Wednesday.  UGH. 

Why me? 

There...seee?  This is why I tried to stay away.  I'm just full of sunshine.  And I'm going away now...the medicines (all 50 of them) make me seriously sleepy and I have somehow got to figure out a way to get my grocery list together and get to the store and get groceries and get back without falling asleep somewhere inappropriate (you know, I'd look pretty funny draped over a shopping cart in the middle of the grocery store...how's THAT for a mental image?  LOL)

Later!

4 comments:

  1. My goodness girl ! At least you kinda know what's going on now . I know what you mean about the ER . I hate going there ( especially the one in our town ) . Hope you have a better day .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sooo sorry for you. Gall stones are KILLER. I know about all the testing doc's do when you have a problem. It does drive you insane, and it takes forever for them to prescribe you something that works and hope they don't just say 'it'll have to run it's course'. Take some time off if that'd make you feel better. A few more days won't hurt anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better. if I can do anything let me know. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:04 PM

    OUCH!!! Are they goin' to make you drink that AWFUL Juice???...Wally's Mom...Dad...Sister...and Niece...all had them!!! NO GROCERIES!???!!??!!?? CALL WALLY!!!!...we're puttin' you on our Prayer List!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)