Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ha Ha Ha Happy Holidays!

This wasn't the best Christmas ever...we've definitely had better, and I have high hopes that next year will be one of the better to make up for it.  LOL. 

If you continue to read this post, please don't think I'm complaining.  For real...I'm laughing about it now.  I'm just stating the facts...and you know...sometimes you just have the perfect storm.  LOL.  At least this one didn't kill nobody.  *grin*

But first, I have to say that MY Christmas was SWEET.  KC got me the Wii Fit (that I was totally not expecting...at ALL) and I LOVE it.  He also got me a killer plate set with HUGE bowls.  He's been wanting "MAN-SIZED" bowls for ages, so I'm not sure who was happier about this present, but I still liked it very much!  Anyway, THAT part of Christmas was delightful!  LOL.  And we still had fun at my parents in spite of the other issues.

Christmas Eve, we were at a family dinner when the K-man started puking.  All over his sister.  His sister had no spare clothes and there was no rescuing the dress that was puked on, so she left there wearing her undershirt and tights.  LOL.  Good thing she's four.

Well, his puking ruined plans for Christmas day (poor guy...it wasn't his fault).  My parents were fine to carry on, puke and all, but KC's mom just had two major surgeries and couldn't risk the possibility of catching another infection, so we had to cancel that half of the day.  (It actually worked out better that way, in the long run, since it made the day much less rushed and stressful and we were able to just relax a bit.)

Anyways, back to Christmas Eve...so we brought the K-man home and got him out of the car and walk down the sidewalk up to the house, when the hurl started flying again.  Unfortunately, I was in the path of it that time, but thankfully the sidewalk caught the majority of it and bless my hubby for rinsing it off.  I could not for the life of me get him to turn around and puke into the grass.  And I had my hands full, so I couldn't give him a gentle turn either.  I couldn't really do anything, poor guy.  I had to leave him on the sidewalk and go on in the house and empty my arms and then go back and help him out.  Then of course, it was all down his shirt and on his shoes, so all our clothes had to be washed.  And he went to bed with a bucket. 

Then he didn't rest well.  I guess his stomach still hurt, but he kept stirring and whimpering and every half hour or so, he'd start crying and I'd hop up to go make sure he hadn't puked in the bed.

So I go to bed at 11:30.  I was up at 12, 12:30, & 1, and then at 1:30, KC was like, "Honey, he is going to throw up, just take him to the toilet and I bet he'll just do it." 

Guess what I said.  "Uh...why don't YOU take him?"  LOL.  Do you know what he said?  "I'll go if you'll go."  Hello, what's the point then?  If you're going to get up anyway, why don't you just go ahead so we both don't have to get up.  Well, I bet you can guess what happened.  We both laid there for about five minutes half out of it, then K-man starts moaning loudly again, so I gave this huge sigh when it was apparent KC wasn't getting up and then rolled out of bed.  Of COURSE, as soon as I did that, KC got up, too.  So the TWO OF US got up and took K-man to the potty, where he tinkled and then stood there and started crying...I was like...yeah, here we go.  And then....what do ya know.  There it went.  And he got mad and didn't want to lean over the toilet after the first little bit, so then I had to clean up the back of the toilet cuz he wouldn't bend over and do it in the toilet.  UGH.  KC was there for moral support, bless him.  LOL. 

So that was from 1:30-2.  Then we put the K-man back to bed and after the puke session, I guess his stomach felt better, because he slept for awhile without whimpering or crying.  We were like zombies at this point and both fell back asleep rather quickly. 

HOWEVER.  Our beautiful Christmas Eve/Morning was far from over. 

3am: PLUNK (like something popping out of the wall)  I vaguely heard it, but it didn't really register.  I remember thinking...huh.  K-man's not crying.  I'm not getting up.  Then about 3 minutes later, I wake up and KC is turning on the closet light and doing something to his clothes in the closet.  I'm thinking...it CAN'T be morning yet.  So I look at the clock and it's 3.  "What in the world, honey?"

Well, do you remember THE CLOSET EPISODE??????

Here we go with round 2.  LOL. That little plunk that barely registered in my sleep deprived brain was the rack coming off the first couple of buttons that held it to the wall -- the buttons were also starting to pull out of the wall, too.  Luckily KC registered a little bit more than I did and recognized the sound and hopped out of bed and started unloading the heavy clothes off the rack and trying to re-attach the rack to the little buttons so that it wouldn't actually become a disaster zone again. 

So. from 3-3:30, that's what we were doing instead of sleeping.  Then we crashed again and I actually got to sleep until six when K-man started up with the crying again.  I got up and patted him and shushed him and when he was quiet, I went back to bed and we crashed again.  We ended up sleeping in (thank goodness we didn't have to try to fit in two events, like I said, it worked out well that we didn't have to get up early in order to stay on schedule) and I called mom and told her we were going to be late because we were exhausted.  She was fine with that.  LOL. 

It was not a pleasant night.  And last night I didn't fall asleep until midnight and the K-man got us up at 4:45 this morning.  He went back to sleep after I put him back in his bed, but I didn't.  I was super grouchy at the way I woke up, too...because what woke me up was the cat and when I woke up, I had an instant splitting headache. I think the cat must have been startled b/c he jumped and landed on all four feet right in my belly right as KC was coming into the room with K-man.  Until I got up this morning and asked KC about it, I thought KC had brought the cat into the room and tossed him on the bed.  This was the fat cat, too.  Talk about a sucker punch.  It was a major bad combination of events.  Argh.  I did take an hour and a half nap today while the kids napped, though, and my stomach finally felt better after that.  

IMG_2599ewebOther stuff...here's a pic of KC and I and Scott...he came over Tuesday night for supper (Taco Salad -- YUM) and visited for a little while before going off on his rounds...LOL. 

I got a couple other pics, too...but he made me promise not to ever use them to blackmail him with, so I better not post them. HAHA. 

I think these two pics are safe to share though....LOL.   

IMG_2618ewebIMG_2605ewebFirst is my honey and then the pic of Scott...one that got his grudging approval...LOL!

I thought they turned out decent though...

These two guys are super picky about their pics.  LOL. Bless'em.

In other stuff, I made a cheese ball to take to my parents for snacking and it was SOO yummy.  Matter of fact, we're still enjoying the very small bit that was leftover.  Cheese balls are my new favorite thing.  Haha.  I didn't have a real recipe for this one, but I wanted to try one like my friend, Kelly, made for choir night, so I guessed at the amounts and tried to remember everything she said she put in it.  *grin*  I guess I could have called her but it was Christmas morning and I hated to bother her.

So here's what was in my cheese ball:

  • 2 8oz packages of cream cheese
  • eyeballed about a cup and a half of shredded sharp cheddar
  • 1/4 of a bell pepper (very finely chopped)
  • 1/3 of an onion (very finely chopped)
  • 1 tbsp worcheshire (or however you spell that) sauce
  • 1/3 package of pecans (chopped)

Oh my goodness.  YUM-MY.  Actually, I think I've talked myself into going and getting a few crackers and cheese ball for snack.  LOL. 

Tomorrow is the day we had to reschedule with KC's family for Christmas, so I need to hop off here and get a few things taken care of before then. 

Thanks for reading this extremely long post.  =)  Oh yeah, and the kids are better now. =)  Thank goodness!

Later!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great Christmas. Wii Fit? What is that like? Thanks for the great cheese ball recipe and glad everyone's doing better. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cheese ball sounds yummy. Only I'd have to leave the pecans off due to allergies...still I think it would taste fine. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way I LOVE my wii fit too! It's awesome. Every since we've had it in Nov. I've lost 4 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those days.. I really dont' know what is worse.. one that will not get to the bathroom in time to puke.. or one that sleepwalks and pees anywhere in the house.. At least with the puke.. it's a short time. sleepwalking is EVERY NIGHT!! LOL ok.. I think I need a wii by reading jules comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So do you LOVE your Fit? Mike was thinking about getting me one for Christmas but I wasn't sure about it. I've heard mixed reviews. Some say it's cool at first but they would rather be outside instead of fake scenery. You need to do a Product Review.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)