Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ya Know That Point?

The one that I referred to in my last post, where I elaborated on the temperaments?

Well, here it is.

You know how I said my darling hubby is definitely Choleric, well....perhaps an excellent example *COULD BE* something like this.......

HYPOTHETICALLY, if you were in a car with KC and he was driving.....and you came upon a sign like this.....

This is the temperament that will say, "There's no detour signs, so we'll just keep going."

This is also the temperament that will say, "Where's your sense of adventure, babe? Don't worry," when you keep going and find a roadblock and a sign like this:

Now the Melancholy temperament (that would be me....the little follow the rules chick) would say something like this: "Um, we are 'thru traffic' and that sign says 'NO thru traffic' so maybe we should turn around."

But that wouldn't be something a Choleric would be concerned about. Roadblock in the way, oh, no problem...we'll find a way through.

My husband. The risk-taker. Me? Not so much.

And so what *hypothetically* would happen next? Well, let me just illustrate for you:

And as this is such a classic example of the C Temperament, naturally he would be successful, although his M Temperament wife would sit in the passenger seat worrying the whole time: first that we would get stuck and then -- as the car wove it's way through the active construction zone (aka obstacle course) -- if we would get in trouble for it.

So basically, he exhibited two of those traits of a Choleric temperament that were listed in the last post: Not afraid of obstacles and tends to drive right through or over problems and most likely to succeed when others would give up.

Like I said....hypothetically speaking, of course.

Hypothetically speaking, I would recommend avoiding travel on Hwy 27 in Indiana.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:05 PM

    I enjoyed every minute of it.

    Your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's he going to do the next time he does that and finds himself in a whole? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant a hole....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Mike are so similar. He is cautious and abides by the rules. I, on the other hand, would have been like Casey and probably plowed straight through it. What's life without a couple hurdles to cross, right? Besides, that's half the fun...

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)