Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Oh, I am SO Tired

No, make that exhausted. I have run myself ragged today.



BUT. The house is clean, the laundry is all caught up, the bills are paid, the freezer is stocked with microwave dinners for the hubby, the car is cleaned out and ready to be filled, and all the bags (mostly) are packed.



I decided to save the packing of the car for when my parents get here tomorrow. So we can pack all our stuff in together. I have a funny feeling that I'm going to be the one with the BULK of the baggage. Something about traveling with kids....well, let's just say that were it not for the kids, I could leave at least 5 duffels/backpacks at home. And people, I packed LIGHT. 4 outfits plus 2 extra shirts and pullups/underwear and 2 pairs of jammies each. We're gonna be gone for 8/9 days. I packed the same for me as I did the kids only 1 pair of jammies for me plus 5 books and a hairdryer/curling iron in my duffel.



I could have probably used larger suitcases and combined bags, but I figured the duffels would be easier to fit in the cartop carrier and probably lighter for getting them up there. LOL. So therefore, I have a lot of small bags.



Let's see, here's the bags:



The StateLine Treat Bag (a backpack stuffed with cheap new playthings....I think I have enough for about 6 State Line Crossings. I forgot to count how many state lines we are actually going to cross, but I stuck a few suckers in there to fill in if I run out of the cheap toys. HAHA. And thanks again, LeAnn for the tip on that)

The Entertainment Bag (a duffel bag with two books for me, a cd case of the kids stories, a couple of stories on tape sets, the dvd case with all the movies in it)

The Snack Bag (another duffel with those little drink mixes that go in bottled water, peanut butter crackers, goldfish crackers, cheese-it's, yogos, and princess/tractor gummy snacks....I figure I'll save a fortune on gas station fare....hey we're talking 14 hours on the hwy, I'm gonna be prepared)

The Cooler (not a bag, just a large picnic sized cooler...to hold the water for the drink mixes...or to drink plain...hahaha...and a few juices....and anything my parents might want to drop in there)

My Computer Bag (which also is jam packed with scrapbook magazines to read or re-read)

The Camera Case + small carrying bag (one holds the camera I'm using, the other holds all the other accessories I might need...you know...like chargers...hahaha)

The Shoes & The Kitchen Sink Bag (mine and the kids shoes plus whatever else I thought of at the moment....like laundry detergent to wash those four outfits....LOL, oh and a belt for each of us....and seems like there were other things that made sense to throw in there at the time, although they're slipping my memory right now)

The Diaper Bag (just your every day typical motherhood staple....)

My Duffel (My four outfits and one jammies plus about 5 extra books for me to read and some hair essentials)

Munchkin's Duffel (four outfits, couple extra shirts, two jammies, a couple socks, undies, and a light jacket)

K-man's Backpack (ditto plus lots and lots of pullups, since he is pretty much using them as diapers again these days)



Okay....not including my little bitty toiletry bag or the blankets and pillows, that is 11 bags. Only 3 of those are mine, b/c what few items that is mine in the other bags, could be condensed into my other bags. Oh, and I'd probably take the snack bag, too, only a smaller version maybe. LOL. So see? There really IS a lot more STUFF to take when you have little kids....LOL!



Anywho, camera's are charging up and the cards are cleaned off, the only thing I still need to do tonight is get the dvd case of the kids movies and make sure the key movies are in it.



So I'm off to do that and then head to bed.



OH YEAH....and the skunk? I *THINK* maybe it's gone. I saw footprints going out. I'm not sure if I saw footprints coming back in, but I'm going to assume that was where KC pulled one of the baits back in the garage and sprinkled the flour in a trail back in. LOL. I guess we'll know if we hear anything out in the garage tonight. He was not in the hiding place he was in yesterday, and I checked all the lower shelves and hiding places....so HOPEFULLY.....



Okay....out now.

Later!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe the skink was the LAST thing you talked about... I should have just scrolled down!! LOL!! Glad to hear it is gone!!

    Oh and by the way... you sound just about ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great time. you will be missed. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - you are a light packer . I take WAY too much stuff ( at least my husband thinks so )! Be SAFE !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am smiling big time.. I love this skunk story.. I am glad to help with travel tips..

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)