Monday, August 25, 2008

Gotta Love Vacations...

Well...still sittin here in 2B...listened to the pounding and hollering all day up in 3B....can only hope they're getting it all out during the daylight hours.

But just in case, I bought a set of earplugs for tonight.

The realty company said they'd do some digging into it today when KC called to complain for the SECOND day in a row. They called back a little while later and said that the condo above us is not managed by any realty company. It is either the owners up there or the owners renting it out on their own. They said they'd call the property management and have them contact the owner and tell them to keep it down when it gets late. They wouldn't really give us an option of moving to a different condo.

So, friends who will be joining us at the end of this week....bring earplugs and any party-crashing supplies you think could be handy. HAHAHA. KC said if they keep us up again tonight, that he is going to go up there about 5:30 in the morning and beat on their door long enough to disturb THEIR sleep. I said while he's up there, he can just polish the doorhandle with a good handful of vaseline. And maybe while we're at it, we'll just have a little fun with any of the shoes they may have left outside their door....by supergluing them to the floor. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA....evil. I am SO evil.

Anywho, today was rainy, so we did a little shopping. I bought a sweatshirt to wear inside the condo cuz KC is freezing me out. LOL. But speaking of freezing, poor KC started running a fever around suppertime, so he started chillin and achin and then he turned the air up and I got comfortable for a little while. Hopefully he's not getting the flu. I took the kids and ran down to Walmart, leaving him in bed to rest, while I got Theraflu, Nyquil, Extra Strength Tylenol...the works to hopefully knock whatever he's got out....FAST.

I am, however, considering the idea of chugging a couple of gulps of that Theraflu myself to ensure that the earplugs do their job and allow me to get a GOOD night's rest in SPITE of the herd of rude elephants stampeding around upstairs. Speaking of the rude elephants, I think they must be wrestling now....cuz judging by the even LOUDER than usual crash/bang, one of them just got bodyslammed.

On that note, I think I'm gonna call it a night. It's early, but given the likelihood of me being unable to sleep later on tonight...or even right now, I figure I should get an early start on the sleep problem.

Later!

PS I'll get some pictures uploaded soon. So far I haven't really gotten anything good. I need to work on that. *sigh*

PPS I ALMOST FORGOT. K-man did EW GROSS on the potty TWICE TODAY!!!!!!! I'm not really sure what brought this about, but he started both times in his diaper and told me when I was changing it that he wanted to go try on the potty and both times he got more out. And of course, I was desperate enough to see that this trend continues, that I did this crazy happy dance which he LOVED. The second time he did it, HE did the happy dance with me and I think that was more of an incentive than any candy...particularly since I forgot about that part and he never even asked or was bothered by that. LOL!!! Anyways...I was happy. Happy enough to be stupidly silly and forget the fact that I have absolutely no rhythm and can't dance. HAHA. I don't think he cared. All I know is...TWICE....IN ONE DAY. YEEHAW!

4 comments:

  1. hope your earplugs work tonight! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get more rest tonight. we miss ya all. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should try leaving your computer on to music (loud) like you do for Munchkin & K-Man sometimes. Full blast might not be as loud as the 3B people. Hope last night was better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get some peace and quiet - really soon .

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)