Saturday, August 16, 2008

Finally

Picture overload *MAY* be finished. For now....I went back and added a couple more pictures to the CUT OFF post, too, along with the rest of the ones I had uploaded. I think I have a few more from when we went to a different park on the last day of our trip that I haven't even uploaded yet, but I don't know that I will bother posting those.

For now though, it's back to regular posting. I have forgotten what that is like.

I'm still having lots of things I'm trying to process in my head...things that I really can't go into here, for numerous reasons. I guess this is a good thing though....more to pray about, right?

Last night, I left the kids with KC and went down to Charlotte to the CK Scrapbook Convention. A couple of friends went with me, and we all stayed at the Marriott City Center. Wow. I HATE Charlotte. I especially hate one-way streets. PARTICULARLY when they are going the opposite direction of the way I'm trying to go. It took us 4-EVER to find the parking deck for the Marriott, so when we finally found it and got parked, we decided that whatever we decided on for supper *needed* to be in walking distance. So we unloaded our overnight bags and then hit the streets. Let me tell ya, the downtown streets of Charlotte are quite a different experience at night. AND quite a different experience than our little town altogether. LOL. At the recommendation of the valet at our hotel, we walked about 3 blocks and found a nice little place called RockBottom Brewery....yes, they made beer, but they had really good pizza and chips....our other options were clubs and bars, which were out of the picture...for me anyways. Walking back to the hotel after we ate (which ended up being around 10 when we got back to the room) was another experience. The streets get much more *interesting* the later it gets (apparently). Leah carried her pepper spray the whole time, and me and Tina were like glued to either side of her....LOL. Okay, so we weren't SUPER paranoid, but it was a little freaky being in a place where there were people living on the sidewalk and people throwing cuss words out in very loud voices....and street bands on every corner...and skary people asking for money....and..well.......okay, so we were SUPER paranoid. But we TRIED not to look like we were little country girls spending an evening out in the big city. HAHA.

We survived it...and the scrapbook convention today was awesome. I like the streets (except the one ways and the construction) much better in daylight. HA. It was funny, after we parked the car to go to the convention center, we walked up the street and crossed and saw like three people and no cars....it was pretty obvious that the people around there are not morning people. *GRIN*

I was glad to be home tonight. Got home right after KC changed a stink bomb, so I timed THAT one perfectly...ROFL!!! The kids drove him up the wall today....Munchkin's little attitude was apparently off the charts today....hehehe....I'm just glad it's not just ME. *GRIN* She is a good kid, but she is SO four. *sigh*

Well, I'm gonna hop off here....might come back and add some pics to this after Leah sends me copies. *Grin* We all took cameras, but Leah was the only one pulling it out for every little detail. What a switch, huh? *GRIN*

*huge sigh* I am totally exhausted. So goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. We just made it in today ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW- "today" as in sunday not saturday. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just lost my previous comment... grrr... so if it shows up later, sorry!

    I was enjoying all your pics! Especially the goofy ones!

    But it's nice to see more than a few words too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)