Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cut OFF!!

I’m going nuts. This is the worst part about hanging out here at Grandma’s….absolutely NO internet access. Here’s the goofy thing: We’re right behind a wireless hotspot. I’m not sure but maybe the walls of Grandma’s house may be extra thick or something. If I walk out in the backyard, I pick up about 5 networks from nearby houses. All secured of course. If I stand in the front door, and stick my foot behind my head and rub my belly while balancing the computer, it will connect to the hotspot for all of two seconds….oh I forgot, the wind has to be blowing just right, too. Anyways, it has only connected for real like one time and just long enough to say, “Hey, welcome to the hotspot, don’t do anything illegal online,” before it kicked me back off….and it wasn’t nearly long enough to post or anything. I guess tomorrow I might just get in the car and drive over to their parking lot and post this.

No internet is killing me.

No really. I’m so pathetically addicted.

I was going to go out and sit next to the mailbox to see if I could get the signal there, but I was too embarrassed to do it in broad daylight, and it rained tonight, so it’s all wet out there and I can’t do it now that it’s dark. LOL.

Anyways, I’m sitting here in the living room now – in the dark cuz everyone except me and my dad’s brother, Darren, has gone to bed and it’s only like 10:32. So Darren and I are talking while he waits for my dad’s other brother to come pick him up to go back to his house. (Only he hasn’t talked for a little while and his breathing sounds suddenly even, so I think my click-clicking must have put him right to sleep. LOL) My brother, Nate, took off with our cousin, Carla, a few minutes ago…something about hot wings. LOL. The kids went to bed around 9:15 or so and fell asleep pretty quick, and since the rest of the family was ready for bed, I had to go ahead and bring Munchkin out to the living room to sleep, so Mom and Dad could sleep on their bed. K-man is camping out in their floor….he’s not in the way, so they said they didn’t mind letting him just stay in there. Anywho, Munchkin’s asleep out here, so that’s why I’m sitting here in the dark. I’m tempted to turn the TV on low and find a movie or something cuz I’m like way too keyed up to sleep. Plus I’m not really looking forward to climbing back on the sofa bed with her….i got gut-kicked so many times last night b/c she couldn’t stop kicking her legs that I lost count. UGH. Didn’t really go well with the PMS stuff either.

Not doing a whole lot except hanging out. Visiting with family some…playing a few board games and stuff. We all went out to this place tonight called Bill Gray’s or something….they have the best hamburgers…wow. I guess it’s kinda like a Fuddruckers or something, but they’re great burgers. After that, went to Seabreeze (a small-town amusement park, but still a blast)….there was about 9 of us all-together, and we waited until after 5 so we could get cheaper passes.

See me and K-man there, third car from the front? Munchkin and Cousin Carla were fifth from the front. Kids got a little terrified on this ride. LOL. Munchkin talked about the kiddy coaster going up and down and up and down but did NOT want to go again. LOL!



Click this link for a couple more of these shots with K-man in them....just can't post them here.


The kids had a good time. They got to ride a good handful of little kiddy rides. I’ve got pictures that I might try to upload to my computer tomorrow before I hit the hotspot. (haha) Mom and Dad watched them a couple of times while I rode a few with Nate, Carla, and Darren. That was fun, too. We’re all pretty close in age…mid to late twenties, so we had a good time hanging out in line and riding the cool rides that the little ones were too short to ride. Mom and Dad took the kids to the giant merry go round for about 5 rides while waiting on us. (That’s what they were wanting to ride anyways…LOL) It was nice. Until it rained and they closed all the rides for an hour. Yuck. And we were drenched. It was kinda funny. That's when we went to the merry go round....it was under cover. HAHA.Well, it’s 10:53 now, and I know I can’t post this, but it still feels sorta like blogging and I feel much more relaxed and ready for bed now. *grin*

So maybe I’ll just go ahead and crash. The kids aren’t sleeping in very well, even though they’re pretty beat every night, so I probably should take advantage of the quiet time and hit the sack.

Oh yeah….no air conditioning….another reason I feel quite certain that KC is thankful he’s at home right now. HAHA. It’s not really bad, cuz the humidity isn’t high, and the temperatures have been like 68-75, but KC (bless his heart…hahah) is a “67 degree all night long or he can’t sleep” kind of person, so he probably wouldn’t have been too comfortable. *grin*

Anywho….well. I know it won’t be night when I post this, but “Goodnight” anyways. LOL.


**LOL....and right now it's 1:08 on 8/10 and I'm sitting in the Wegman's Cafe parking lot with mom....we're getting our "fix" hahaha. The kids are napping at Grandma's with Dad and we decided to sneak away for half an hour. LOL. Hopefully dad won't wake up b/c Grandma will not remember where we told her we were going...LOL. So anyways...gotta run. Sorry I don't have time to reply to all the emails, but here's a couple quick answers to some of the comments: We're in NY at Grandmas, the stateline treats worked WELL, and yes, we've had a better couple of days since I last posted. LOL. Catch up with ya'll later. Miss reading blogs, but will probably not get to catch up til later. C-ya'll later!"

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time!! And I know what you mean about addicted to the net and being cut off. That's how it is at my mom's and it KILLS me too. Just when I get through the withdrawals I am back home and instantly hooked again! (Of course, I can check regular email on my pocket pc, so that helps a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a great time! Wow. Has Darren met anyone or married yet? :o) Just curious cause I remember him coming to visit you back in the day b4 you or I were married. And I haven't seen Nathan in FOREVER...nice to see him in a photo or two. Tell him I said, "hello". Well, hope you continue to have a great vacation and time with your family!!! Don't miss us too much and talk to KC every day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss ya'll bunches! I was really missing you and the kids the night of the VBS program. I did catch up on all your other posts. I'm glad ya'll are having a good time despite K-man's accident and melt downs and lack of AC and internet. Glad you were able to get a "fix" :0) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dreamed about you last night. At one point I was with you and your family in NY...either that or you all (including your family in NY) came back for one day and I spent the day with you. It was weird. I must have been with you in NY for a day b/c we were on the bumper cars. Now I'm dreaming about being with ppl after they blog about it. Must be the pain killers I am taking. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:21 PM

    I too once went days without internet. I was found four days later, unconscience and clutching my laptop. When they awoke me I had no recollection of why or how I got there. After several intense sessions of hypnosis, it was revealed that I had passed out due to not being able to check my e-mail.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)