Friday, August 31, 2007

Pictures? You want Pictures?????

I'm really disappointed in my photography this trip, but for what it's worth, we've enjoyed ourself and I've enjoyed not constantly taking pictures.

Yes. I know.

That's a first for me.

I'm sure I'll get over it and hate myself for that later.

In the meantime, here's a few....err....cancel that.....LOT of the pictures I DID take.....and perfect evidence of the many reasons behind why I was too busy to be constantly thinking about good photographic setups.........


IMG_4639

Me and Munchkin.....when she was still freaked out by the waves and had to hold my hand....before she became the water rat that likes to "swim" on her own....well.....as long as mommy or daddy is in VERY close reach.

IMG_4688

The EXTREMELY large clock on the wall....for the record, I like it a lot. Hence the reason I took two whole pictures of it........

IMG_4689

IMG_4677

Barefoot Landing....feeding the ducks/fish. That's Pinky there in the stroller. Munchkin gave her life on this excursion through Barefoot Landing. That was really fun....she loved it. Gets a bit eessspennnnsive.....but it's a really neat experience for her.....she got to pick out the body, push the pedal down to stuff it, put the heart inside it, give it a name and print a birth certificate, and pick out an outfit for it. She had a good time with it.

IMG_4679

IMG_4691

Then there was the SHARK that we walked into.....oooh, she LUVED that!!! I think we have gone into every single Pacific/Eagles/Waves/Wings.....whatever that is along this strip. And ya'll.....that is a LOT! But they're fun....I know it's a lot of the same stuff, and I know it's all made in China, but hey.....it's fun. I like to look.

IMG_4687

Scrappin..........I am on a ROLL, people......hang on, let me go count.....TEN PAGES!!! Course, they're not finished....I just cropped, arranged, and glued....I have to go back and add a few fun accents plus the titles and journalling, but hey.....I was able to get more done by just doing the same thing for all the pages and not worrying about getting out accents and stamps and all that.....and when it comes down to it, at least now you can look at the pictures even if you don't know what was going on in them....LOL.

And then.....let's not forget today......

IMG_4724

Yesterday we went out shopping and walking around cuz it was supposed to be sunny the rest of the week. Yesterday it was nice out. Today.....forecast changes on us and it got rainy. Who cares. We went out on the beach anyways.

Several hours (and a few raindrops...who cares....not like we weren't out there to get wet anyways.....long as there ain't no thunder an' lightnin, I'm cool) later........

IMG_4718

.....we ended up with THIS. Please note the size of our construction project in comparison to our beach chair setup.....hehehe!

IMG_4716

The pyramids are my handiwork.....

IMG_4717




IMG_4715

the sphinx is KC's......


IMG_4714
With a little teamwork on all of it......hehehe....we had a good time.
We're just two big kids. Grownups? Who's grown up? Not me!!!!
In other news.....court happened while we were gone...... Good news.....although I still hesitate to get too excited yet......
1. BioM last visit with Munchkin is week after next.
2. Case plan is no longer reunification due to lack of effort on BioM's part.
3. BioM may go ahead and relinquish rights to us which would speed up potential adoption process in a huge way. However, she is asking to maintain visits with munchkin which we do not feel is a good idea, so we have refused that, but offered to keep her updated if she chooses to relinquish now. It's pretty much out of her hands, but she could fight it if she wanted and drag it all out even though she would not be likely to get anywhere.....so it looks like the munchkin may be with us for quite awhile now. Hopefully there will not be anyone else who comes in the picture and keeps her from staying with us permanently.
That's about it for now......
Later!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! The sand art is UNBELIEVABLE. How long did that take you? SO cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun was this trip!!!!!!!!! I love the pics! And Keilani has the VERY same Build a Bear, but different clothes. Oh yeah, and she bought her a blonde wig too! LOL! Welcome home. Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy freakin moley girl....you guys built the sand art???? I'm totally impressed. Looks like you had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)