Friday, July 20, 2007

Would You Like A Mental Slushie?

Compliments of a crazy brain? Uh. I didn't think so. If you don't, you should turn and leave now.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You're still here? Okay then. Don't say I didn't warn you!!!!

I just got munchkin in bed and bouncer is at his old foster home for the weekend (they wanted to give him a birthday party and their weekend to do that was arranged back when we first got him. So I'm getting some much needed personal time now. It's just lovely.

Especially since munchkin has been a real drama queen for the last two nights. Tonight she cried when I told her she needed to either go find something in her room to play with or go somewhere else to pout b/c we loved her, but we didn't care to watch her pouting. Anyways, that threw her into a royal fit and I put her in her room where she did the whole screaming thing and wouldn't stay in her room. So I kept the door shut and let her scream and cry for about 4 minutes and then I opened the door and got her ready for her bath and stuck her in the bathtub. Did a quick bath and got her jammies on and called KC in for our family prayer and the fit finally wound up and quit about that time, when I finally told her she could hush or I wouldn't rock her to sleep....and she knew I meant business! LOL.

That whole fit thing is just ROTTEN. I H.A.T.E. it!!!!! And she was doing really good until she got sick and I let up on her b/c I knew she didn't feel good. I think maybe that was a bad idea. But I don't want to be mean either. It's such a fine line. And here I go griping again. Sorry. *grin*

Anyways. Personal time is great. Hahah! And we've now reached a NEW height....I type as my personal time is being currently interrupted. It's been an hour and a half since I put her in bed. And I heard a banging in her room. She was wide awake as anything and playing. She knows the rules....if mom has to come back in, the stuffed animals go away and then you have to go to sleep. Well, there's been no problem with that before. Tonight it's a little different story......we're going on thirty minutes now of crying, screaming, kicking fits that involve getting out of bed and going to the door and opening it and just standing there screaming out the open door. Woohoo! Joy! The third time I had to put her back in bed, I started gently covering her mouth so the screams were not quite so ear piercing. I made sure she could breathe out her nose, so I wasn't like hurting her....and then when she calmed down enough, I tucked her back in and left the room. To which she started screaming again but so far, the door hasn't opened again and it's finally silent from the tantrum regions of the house. I'm sure she's just moving to a new strategy of defiance. No way I'll get lucky enough for her to have actually fallen asleep. LOL. *sigh* I'm not mad about it. Slightly frustrated perhaps, but not mad.

Oh get this, just remembered this interesting detail.....remember those 3 kids I mentioned? Two year old twins and a five month old? Well....we dropped bouncer off at his old foster home and guess who we saw! YEP. You got it! Them. Apparently they were taken in to custody and needed quick temporary placement, so the previous foster mom said she would do it for the weekend. Brave soul! SO for this weekend....she's got the bouncer, her own son who is like 14, an almost adopted son who is around 11 or so, a daughter (not sure if she's foster or biological) that looked around 15 or 16, two year old twins, and a five month old for the weekend. WHOO. Glad I isn't her! YOW! So did you count? That was like 7. EHEHEHEHE. Hey. I can laugh. SHE said yes and SHE asked for the bouncer to get to come. Ya'll are welcome to laugh at me anytime I do anything so un-brilliant! LOL. Heaven knows I do it often enough that ya'll should never need medicine again!!!

Guess one (just UNO) shrieking, defiant three year old isn't too bad in comparison, huh?

And thanks for the comments and encouragement on fighting the devil. On that note, here's a good verse, one that is easy for me to remember.....(and pardon if I don't get it exactly right....you'll get the general idea) Resist the devil and he will flee from you; draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh unto you. That is one of my favorites! I'm always open to more ammunition though, so bring it on!!! *Grin*

*grin* Tomorrow is chore day.....I wish our kids were old enough to do chores. I can tell the munchkin to go clean the bathroom all day long and while she'd give it her best effort, I can just tell you, it would likely look much worse after her efforts than before! *GRIN* And same with the bouncer! He's just so distractable, that you literally have to stand over his every move if you want him to finish a task....it's just easier to do it myself! LOL. Not better for him, b/c he needs to learn, but it just takes sooo much effort! And after all day of talking to the wall and nobody listening to a word I say, it's effort that I don't have in me. Please tell me it gets better????? *GRIN*

Ehhhh....what's that you say, Mom? Yeah, I know, I know....I still remember being that obnoxious teenager.....thanks for the comfort there.....LOL.

Anywho.....there's silence for thirteen minutes now. Do you think I should go check on the munchkin? Ahhh....it's friday night. She can sleep in tomorrow. I've had enough fight for one night. Unless of course I hear banging again. Then it's gonna be on. I'm sure ya'll will be able to hear it from whereever your computers are located!

Otay. I'm going to go do something productive with my time.....by the way this is post number 398. AND the fourth day in a row if my deductions are correct (and I don't feel like going back and checking, so if it's not, then I'm sorry). I'm getting dangerously close to 400 posts on the old blog. Maybe I'll celebrate by doing another informal blog quiz....hehehe. And maybe not. *grin*

Like I said....I'm off to something more productive now. Like sleep maybe. HEH! And in MY bed. The floor pallet is GONE. I removed it just in case the munchkin got any ideas about me sleeping in there again. Cuz just so ya know, I ended up on it again last night b/c I didn't feel like waking the whole house up with that battle at 2:40 am.....when I crawled out of my cozy, comfy bed to go see why she was crying again and found her AWAKE and not in any pain, instead she was pointing at the pallet and crying, "mommy, mommy." So being half asleep and not wanting poor exhausted KC to have to try to get the bouncer back to sleep, I mumbled something about I'd do it tonight, but tomorrow night mommy was going to be sleeping in her own bed and then just laid down and went to sleep and the rest of the night was spent in peace. Tonight.....well, I'm sure the battle is already started.....unlike last night though, the bouncer is out of the picture. Perfect timing. I've got two nights to get her back under control. I'll keep you posted!

Happy Friday.....where was I? Oh yes. Productive. Right.

1 comment:

  1. duh. I have always had my computer on MUTE. I didn't know your blog sounded soooooo good.

    Listened to Amazing Grace. How great is that?

    Thanks for the sweet comments on my 100. Truth is, I had worked on it for a week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)