Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen (Quotes)

Thirteen amusing or otherwise entertaining quotes:

1. If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague. -source unknown Hehehe....
2. If ignorance is bliss......why aren't more people happy?? -source unknown ain't THAT the truth!
3. Speaking of happy, a truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour. -source unknown Hmmm.....interesting thought!
4. Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense. -source unknown and this would be the motto of this here blog! hahaha
5. Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. -- Bill Cosby "y" works, too hehehehe
6. The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. But not in that order. -- Brian Pickrell
7. The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit. -- Somerset Maugham ehehe.....and therein lies the reason for this post.....hehehehe
8. I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. -- Jerome K Jerome (Three Men in a Boat, 1889) ROFL!!!!
9. There are no such things as stupid questions....only inquisitive idiots. --source unknown ahhhh the story of my life!!!! hahaha
10. If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying’. And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘Probably because of something you did’.- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts hehehehe
11. Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part. - Proverb
12. You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before? -- Jack Sparrow
13. Will Turner: Where's Elizabeth? Jack Sparrow: She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for, of course, Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman. ROFL....his logic just simply cracks me up

3 comments:

  1. Oh... YAY for #8. Yep. That is gonna be my motto for the rest of the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... and I forgot. #1 will be my life motto. Why are there so many mean people... even in the church!! Oh sorry... did I say that? Is this your private blog? lol! I just think that #1 would be a wonderful quality to have for anyone who just must say what they shouln't... and we all feel that way at times! I'm done now... really! LOL! Maybe I should take a trip over to my blog! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love #4! Great list.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)