Wednesday, July 11, 2007

PSA (Public Service Announcement) #1

Attempting to save time on a hurried Sunday morning by using your curling iron/hairdryer in the car on the way to church and plugging it in to the ac/dc converter that is used for laptops and portable dvd players will not, in fact, save either time OR money.

Believe me. I know. And I know I don't have to tell you how I know.


However, I will tell you what I've learned from this experience.....



- Hairdryer/curling iron thing-a-majiggys take more power than a laptop. Who'da thunk it?


- The sound of dead silence approximately one second after turning the aforementioned appliance on ....was.....uh..... incredible. Even the kidlets were silent. For all of two seconds. And people. That three seconds of silence was not worth the experience. Let me tell ya. Part of that dead silence was from the entire center console going out. Including the radio of kids songs that was keeping the kids from arguing for the ride to church. And the radio has been silent for the last 3 days.....not even a clock. Or a cigarette lighter to plug in my phone charger.


- Do you know how often you look at the clock on the dash when you're constantly trying not to be late?


- Replacing blown fuses can get expensive. Particularly if you buy the wrong size the first time.


- Or if you didn't happen to check to see which number you blew 5, 10, 15, or 20 and the store is out of one or two of the numbers so you buy the entire multi pack to make sure you don't have to make a third trip.

- So now you have a pack of fuses that you are unable to use b/c they wouldn't even come close to fitting, but you were dumb enough to open them before you actually looked at the fuses that were in there.

- Not only that, but you have enough fuses now to replace any blown fuses in all of your cars (and possibly even a few friends and neighbor's cars) until doomsday....(providing they are the right size, but then again, you also have other sizes, too....so I'm sure one of them would fit).

- Then you look at your history of dumb moves and realize that the likelihood of you needing those fuses on hand for your own car is probably going to come in handy.

- But with my luck, I'll be out of town next time and need a radio or cigarette lighter for the personal dvd player LONG before I could lay my hands on them and end up just buying more.

- HOWEVER. Patting myself on the back here. I did it all myself. I did not depend on my strong manly dependable hubby to fix my dumb move. I bought the fuses (granted, it took me a few tries, but I eventually got there), found the fuse box, removed the fuses, and put in new ones. And like, didn't kill the power windows, or something equally disturbing, in the process. Aren't you proud of me?

ROFL. I would say that I was proud of me, but after the dumb move that started it all, I'd have to say it wasn't really that impressive and it's a good thing I found a way to (even slightly) redeem myself a little. Haha.



SO there you have it. The whole sordid tale. Don't blowdry/curl and ride......trust me....your fuses will thank you.

4 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I will take this as a lesson learned. I had a horrible hair day trying to dry my hair using the car's heater. That didn't work either. Must get ready before getting in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOL* You never fail to make me laugh girl! *grin* Are you sure you aren't blonde? j/k. :oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, this post is TOTALLY hysterical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read you in the evenings. It brings hilarious relief to my stress-filled day. I can't wait to hear what happens next. I just know it will be an adventure.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)