Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What I've been up to....in pictures

So here's the bunkbed....KC and I put it together last night and its all set up in the room. That was fun....let me just tell ya...whoever wrote those instructions needs to go to "instruction writing school." LOL. They were TERRIBLE directions. But we finally got it together. I used to have a futon bunkbed, so I was somewhat familiar with how they went together...good thing!

bunkbed

The little nightstand next to it is one of the finished freshly painted (except to put the drawer back in) pieces of kids furniture that KC bought at the consignment shop in Gastonia.

And here is the rest of the furniture from our painting efforts on Sunday afternoon...

paintedfurniture

The crib is looking NICE! It was white originally but I really like it in black better. That part of it is almost finished, we just have to finish the rail that slides up and down and put it back together....and we need a mattress for it, but otherwise, its good to go. The nightstand and dresser were PUKEY hospital green originally...WITH handpainted flowers in gold. EW. Definitely better in black and I'm thinking of painting some white and yellow bumble bees on there to match the crib set. (And then someday when we put it back in the consignment shop, someone will buy it and go...EW, black with bumblebees? YUCK...I'm gonna paint it pukey green and put flowers on it....ROFL!!!)

And then these.........are from the second session (the senior pictures) I did on Saturday. Sneak preview....cuz these two are the only ones that I've edited so far. I'll put the rest of them over on the photography page when I finish...along with the ones from the other session (my in-laws....won't make any comments about that....I'm trying to be good. LOL)

Casey2bw

This one is my fav....isn't she cute?


CaseyV1w

And this one ain't half bad. In case she looks familiar, she was one of the four sisters from the session a couple of weeks ago....

ETA: okay....the rest of the senior session is now posted here!


brewer6
ETA AGAIN: now the inlaw session is finished and a few of them are posted over on my photography page.

Otay. Thats about it for today....not a whole lot happ'nin' besides just trying to get all my work done so I can leave early and get to the final meeting with our licensing worker to do the last stuff for our foster care license. YES!!!!! Finally....after today, then we'll just be waiting for the license to go through!

Later!

1 comment:

  1. oooh the furniture looks great!!
    and I lol'd about the "putting it back in the consignment shop comment" LOL
    Great sr pics too! She's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)