Friday, October 27, 2006

Its another TGIF day!

Only 1 hour and 1 minute until 5 oclock! Yay! Now if I can just get the rest of this stack of work on my desk done before that quitting moment then I'll be doing good! Make that GREAT! *smiles*

In the foster parent news...last night was the LAST class. *sigh* It was the best class of all of them I think and it makes me sad that its over....I was starting to like them....except for those kinda strange folks....and the homework of course.

Last night was panel night, where a bunch of people that are involved in the process come in and talk about their experiences and you can ask questions if you have any. There was a Guardian Ad Litem (who is a court appointed investigator to be a second opinion on the childs situation...basically....or something like that), the Social Services lawyer, a foster mom, and a foster mom and dad that have already adopted two out of the system and are also fostering. It was really interesting, especially hearing the foster parents talk about their experiences and answering questions that the class had. The GAL and the lawyer were interesting, but they were just talking about the court process, and at least to me, the foster parents are more on the "front lines" in dealing with the kids. Some of the stories...i mean, WOW. KC and I were both totally excited when we left.

According to what we learned last night, we're looking at about a month after our paperwork is sent in to be approved and licensed. And hopefully our paperwork will be sent in not long after our home visit, which is next Friday. The fire inspection is also next Friday and we still have to do our physicals/TB tests and get updated rabies vaccinations on our cats, once all that is done, they can send our paperwork to Raleigh. Sheesh, its a major process! I'm kinda glad we'll have a month before we're licensed though so we can get the house ready.....we definitely need to do some re-organizing and rearranging of stuff. There's still a lot to do, but 30 hours of MAPP training are behind us....+ all that homework, so maybe the rest will be smooth sailing. *grin* One can only hope.

Here's the random for today....that last sentence of that last paragraph....every time I hear a sentence using "one" as the subject of a sentence....it reminds me of that Robot movie with Robin Williams in it. Remember that really sad movie I talked about awhile back? Yeah....he always referred to himself as One. "One is happy to be of service, little miss." Crazy. Random. That would be me! LOL.

Oh one other strange thing....our psychological exam came back normal....everyone in the class passed, including me. I'm NORMAL! WhoA! I told KC later...ya know, looking at those people in the class with us....if mine had been the only one to not pass, I would have DIED! Somehow, I wonder if they were legitimate, b/c some of those people don't seem like they'd have been able to pass as normal. LOL. Yeah, yeah, myself included. BWAHAHAHAH!

Okay, nuff rambling.
Later, ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on becoming a Foster parent!


    There was a Guardian Ad Litem (who is a court appointed investigator to be a second opinion on the childs situation...basically....or something like that)

    As a foster parent, you will soon learn much more about Guardian ad Litems. They will probably be your most important asset as you nuture your foster children!

    I do not know what state is your home but the Florida GAL Web Site can provide you with essential information as to the responsibilities of a GAL. Please take the time to visit:

    http://www.gal.fl.gov/index.asp

    Good luck in your Foster parenting.

    Jim Daly, GAL
    2006 Florida Guardian of the Year

    P.S. You can e-mail at jd3@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)