Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dude!

The week is like half over already! YOW!

Last night's class was interesting. Remember the grandparent and GREAT grandparent thing I told you about from the first class? Well....GREAT grand-dad the last couple of classes somehow got his talker turned on and I sure would like to figure out what happened b/c he seemed a lot more normal when he didn't say anything. Just goes to prove that one quote about "It's better to remain silent and look like a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" (or something like that)...anyways, its true.

It was a "put people on the spot by asking specific people tough questions" class and this one guy (one of the normal people...LOL) was asked what he would do if he had a foster child in his home and his mother couldn't STAND the child at all, and it wasn't the child's fault. How would he handle it. So he's in the process of answering the question and mentioned that he had a lot of patience b/c he coached kids. So that great granddad fella breaks in here and says that he helped in cub scouts and the other leader wanted to lecture the kids for an hour and you have realize that kids attention span isn't that long and you gotta let the kids burn off some energy and he tried to tell the other guy that and he wouldn't listen so he quit and not long after that, cub scouts fell apart. KC and I looked at each other like....HUH? What does that have to do with anything? And it took him at least 5 minutes to say all that. Strange dude.

Oh the other thing about class, I had turned in all our homework...YAY! And then they announce that in three of the profiles (the general family profile, the prospective father profile, and the prospective mother profile) half the pages weren't in there b/c the person who copied forgot to copy fronts AND backs. SO. They handed those profiles back with the extra pages to fill out....and we still have homework to get done after all! MAN! I was so bummed. I was so excited to be done with all that paperwork and then WHAM! Sure busted my bubble!

CV and I were talking on our way home Monday about the quirky little things people do without realizing it. It started when she asked me if I realized that anytime I finish a phone conversation I say "mmm, bye." ROFL! I TOTALLY didn't know I did that. But I'm sure I do, b/c when she said that, I knew exactly where that came from...yes, I'm talkin about you, mom! Thanks a lot, mother!! LOL. Actually, I think at least one of my aunts and maybe even both of my mom's sisters do that, too....so maybe its a family quirk. But isn't that just strange? And I never realized I did it! Funny!

Well, thats all the random for today. Need to get some things done, so catcha....

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)